The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Transport links in Portsmouth University

From where I live the journey to the uni seems to be a bit of a nightmare, is this an accurate representation of all travel around the uni area?
Original post by mmp123
From where I live the journey to the uni seems to be a bit of a nightmare, is this an accurate representation of all travel around the uni area?

Hi! @mmp123

This will depend on where you live.
You can get the train straight to London and takes about 1 hour 30 minutes.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what is it you mean by the journey?

I hope this is helpful!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi! @mmp123

This will depend on where you live.
You can get the train straight to London and takes about 1 hour 30 minutes.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what is it you mean by the journey?

I hope this is helpful!

From where I am it would take about 1.5 hrs to drive by car. I am also considering another uni that is about the same distance from home. However, this uni is showing up as about 2.5 hours on public transport, and to Portsmouth uni its suggesting over 4 hrs. I don't mind that, I was just wondering whether that's the case for the whole of the Portsmouth area, as I probably won't have a car by the start of uni
Original post by mmp123
From where I am it would take about 1.5 hrs to drive by car. I am also considering another uni that is about the same distance from home. However, this uni is showing up as about 2.5 hours on public transport, and to Portsmouth uni its suggesting over 4 hrs. I don't mind that, I was just wondering whether that's the case for the whole of the Portsmouth area, as I probably won't have a car by the start of uni

Hi! @mmp123

Portsmouth is an island city. from Southsea station (which is right next to the uni) it is about a 15-minute train ride to the next stop off the island.
This difference in public transport might be that you have to change at stops on route.
For me personally, it takes the same amount of time to drive to uni from home as it does to get the train.

I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending