nelly7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, I am a Y12 student who has taken French, maths, computer science and chemistry this year and I have completed my AS-level in French.

I have done my Y12 exams and I did well in both with 89% in French and I got around 85% in computer science. I am debating continuing with French and dropping computer science (with no AS qualification).

I am unsure of what I would like to do at university, but I have been doing pretty well in both French and computer science (very different subjects I know), but I am struggling to decide between them.

I feel as though I am naturally better at French, but computer science may be more useful for the future of the workplace. There is the potential that I may do a computer science degree, but I wouldn't do a full French degree (but may be able to incorporate it in).

I am very worried about the NEA because I have searched up some exams and I wasn't aware of the workload and how the documentation is around 180 pages long and my teacher said we would be doing this for only the first few months of Y13? Does anyone have any experience with the A-level computer science AQA NEA? Do you have any advice for it?

Thank you for any help and advice
tej3141
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Computer science is certainly more useful but I agree the nea is a drag. I would just firm it and choose Computer science tbh
nelly7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by tej3141)
Computer science is certainly more useful but I agree the nea is a drag. I would just firm it and choose Computer science tbh
Hi, thank you for your reply! How long did it take you to do your NEA and how did you decide what to do it on? Do you have any advice on how to do well on it? Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads