The Student Room Group

Applying for the uni that rejected for clearing

Heyy so I have a question about my uni application. I would really appreciate it if you could help me answer it.

So, I'm doing Level 3 BTEC in IT where I have been predicted 3 Distinction stars. And I really want to do computer science in university. I applied to 5 unis through UCAS and I called in for the uni I really wanted to go to the most before applying and asked them if they would accept me if I received 3 D*'s in IT. The guy on the phone basically told me that I will be accepted for their computer science course, and he also talked about potential bursaries I could consider.

Bearing this in mind, I decided to put the uni as my first choice. I then receive an unsuccessful offer from the same uni. My friend also got rejected by the same uni. She emailed the uni and the uni stated that the entry requirements for the uni are ‘D*DD in computing’ instead of IT. I was not informed about this. And university staff mentioned that I will be accepted.

I’m thinking about applying to the same Uni again through clearing. Do you think there is a chance for me to get accepted? Since I’m applying to the uni that rejected my offer.
(I’m sorry for the long read)
You wont get accepted for the same course - they have already said No because you dont have the right qualifications.
But you could apply for a different course IF you meet the entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending