AnonymousUser222
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am looking to start University this September but I am in a bit of a confusing situation. One of my University offers requires an A* in A-Level Law (University X) and the other requires an A in Law (University Y) and also requires me to firm them. Currently, I am predicted an A by my school and I've been getting As-A*s in exams.

What I am thinking to do is insure University X and firm University Y to be safer, and once it gets to Results Day if I do get an A* I can go through adjustment and apply to University X, granted they have spaces left for my course.

I would appreciate it if someone could advise me on my idea and let me know if it is good, and if anyone else has been in a similar situation to the one I'm in, please do help me out by letting me know what you did.
Last edited by AnonymousUser222; 1 month ago
EU Yakov
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
cant you just write out "these were my offers" "these were my unis". my brain hurts from trying to decipher this op
also not all unis come up in clearing. what happens if it doesnt have a spot for you
AnonymousUser222
Rep:
?
(Original post by EU Yakov)
cant you just write out "these were my offers" "these were my unis". my brain hurts from trying to decipher this op
also not all unis come up in clearing. what happens if it doesnt have a spot for you
Sorry about that, and there was a typo I meant to write adjustment not clearing
EU Yakov
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AnonymousUser222)
Sorry about that, and there was a typo I meant to write adjustment not clearing
i meant
"university X A*AA
university Y AAA"
keep it simple
AnonymousUser222
Rep:
?
(Original post by EU Yakov)
i meant
"university X A*AA
university Y AAA"
keep it simple
Cool I've made the changes, thanks for your help
Johnny ~
Report 1 month ago
Seems like a risky course of action. What are the rest of the offers? Are they A*AA and AAA respectively? Which universities are we talking about? How do you know the the first university is going to be in Adjustment? Have you spoken to anyone from that university about your plans?

(Original post by AnonymousUser222)
Cool I've made the changes, thanks for your help
I think that you've made the situation unnecessarily difficult to advise on by not providing the full offer and names of the universities. Why have you done that?

If the two universities are very similar in calibre you might as well firm Y and insure X. If Y is a big step down then you'd be better off firming X.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
28.17%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.45%
No I am happy with my choice (80)
56.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
7.04%

Watched Threads