The Student Room Group

Help

I got a Bsc economics and finance offer from uni of bristol and Bsc economics offer from university of bath and I am really struggling to choose now. I am looking for a uni with good graduate prospects with good social life that is respected. Just need some advice on which one to firm. Is economics and finance degree opens more career opportunities that the economics degree ? Just need advice
Thanks in advance
Original post by eMo786
I got a Bsc economics and finance offer from uni of bristol and Bsc economics offer from university of bath and I am really struggling to choose now. I am looking for a uni with good graduate prospects with good social life that is respected. Just need some advice on which one to firm. Is economics and finance degree opens more career opportunities that the economics degree ? Just need advice
Thanks in advance

I would say that in terms of course content and career prospects, they're very very similar. Bristol is a bit more prestigious and has a better social scene but Bath has a very good placement year team which can naturally be very helpful in starting a career. Ultimately I'd base my decision on which city/university you could see yourself preferring to live in as the courses and career prospects are very similar
Reply 2
Original post by BenRyan99
I would say that in terms of course content and career prospects, they're very very similar. Bristol is a bit more prestigious and has a better social scene but Bath has a very good placement year team which can naturally be very helpful in starting a career. Ultimately I'd base my decision on which city/university you could see yourself preferring to live in as the courses and career prospects are very similar

Thanks
I just want to know that which university gives me a better chance to IB.
Original post by eMo786
Thanks
I just want to know that which university gives me a better chance to IB.

Neither are target unis but both are semi-targets. I would assume there's basically no difference in your IB chances purely based on this decision. Maybe Bath if you can get a good placement year, if so then I'd be tempted to give it the edge. Worth noting that there's a lot that goes into IB chances and none of this variance will come from whether you attend Bath or Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending