tasty.kiwi.7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,
I have made Imperial my firm choice of medical school to begin in October 2021. I’m currently in the process of trying to narrow down my accommodation options.
I’m quite torn between the halls closest to ICL (Beit, Eastside/Southside) and the newer, nicer, Acton halls (Woodward and Kemp Porter).
It would be helpful to know how much in person teaching the course entails. From the open day, I believe they are aiming for 30%. In which case, I feel like I needn’t pay such a premium to be so close to campus. However, it all depends on whether the in-person teaching is split across the whole 5-day week.
Basically, it would be a great help if somebody who is just finishing up their 1st year at Imperial could tell me roughly what their timetable looked like in first year and how their time is split between in-person and online learning.
I would also like to know if all the medical schools teaching for first year is at the main Imperial campus or if it is at St Mary’s or Charing Cross too? There isn’t a great deal of info about this on the website but it would be really helpful to know.
Thank you!
Imperial students
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tasty.kiwi.7)
Hello,
I have made Imperial my firm choice of medical school to begin in October 2021. I’m currently in the process of trying to narrow down my accommodation options.
I’m quite torn between the halls closest to ICL (Beit, Eastside/Southside) and the newer, nicer, Acton halls (Woodward and Kemp Porter).
It would be helpful to know how much in person teaching the course entails. From the open day, I believe they are aiming for 30%. In which case, I feel like I needn’t pay such a premium to be so close to campus. However, it all depends on whether the in-person teaching is split across the whole 5-day week.
Basically, it would be a great help if somebody who is just finishing up their 1st year at Imperial could tell me roughly what their timetable looked like in first year and how their time is split between in-person and online learning.
I would also like to know if all the medical schools teaching for first year is at the main Imperial campus or if it is at St Mary’s or Charing Cross too? There isn’t a great deal of info about this on the website but it would be really helpful to know.
Thank you!
Hi tasty.kiwi.7,

I'm Anudi, a student rep at Imperial. I'm afraid I don't know much about the Medicine course ( as I study Aero Eng), however you could chat to some medical students here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/cha...n=&ub_content=

If you click on the 'Students' section and scroll down, you will be able to find some Medical students on there.

I hope they will be able to help you more. Do let me know if you need more info and/or contacts!

Have a nice day,
Anudi
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
6.08%
Uncertainty around my education (90)
11.39%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (82)
10.38%
Lack of purpose or motivation (101)
12.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
5.06%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.7%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (86)
10.89%
Financial worries (52)
6.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (35)
4.43%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.33%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.16%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (74)
9.37%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (62)
7.85%

Watched Threads