The Student Room Group

Is this dangerous?

Hi. I’m not sure who to task, I don’t want to tell my parents yet. Basically I dropped my iPhone 11, the back glass already had a few cracks but it hit something on the floor pretty hard and the back is really cracked now, shattered in one part. The bit that scares me though is that under the main impact there’s like a darker region under the glass. I’m scared that this could be liquid and if it is that my phone could like spark a fire or something. It just happened and idk if I’m being paranoid. I’ll tell them but is it likely that this is possible on an iPhone 11. I googled battery issues and it doesn’t smell sweet or anything so I don’t think fumes are coming out. It’s a bit warm but not hot and it’s warm today anyways so I think that’s normal. It functions fine rn too. What should I do?
I wouldn't leave it charging unattended. If the battery cell has been compromised it could pose a fire risk.
Original post by Admit-One
I wouldn't leave it charging unattended. If the battery cell has been compromised it could pose a fire risk.

Okay. So if I charge it during the day when it’s next to me so I can keep an eye on it, do you think it will be okay? I’m due an upgrade soon and already had to get the charging port replaced as it broke. My battery health isn’t great but is above 80% so it needs regular charging like 1-2 times a day.
Yeah I would definitely keep an eye on it the first couple of times you charge it. After that, it's a bit less sketchy but still not ideal.
Original post by Admit-One
Yeah I would definitely keep an eye on it the first couple of times you charge it. After that, it's a bit less sketchy but still not ideal.

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending