The Student Room Group

year 11

hi! i'm currently a y10 student and I'm about to enter y11 doing cie igcses abroad. does anybody have any tips on study techniques or tips in general for y11? i plan to study over the summer too- i do co-ordinated science, business studies, psychology, art, maths higher and core, english and, french
Practice questions which you mark and write corrected answers for are important. Quizzing yourself too. The main thing is that in every revision session you need to know whether the goal is to understand, practice or memorise a particular topic. If the goal is to understand you might do research, add to your notes and work through example questions. If the goal is to practice then practice papers and questions are key. If the goal is to memorise than flashcards, the blurt method (writing down everything you remember about a topic within 5 minutes, then using your notes to correct and add to what you wrote), and similar will be helpful.
thank you sm !
Original post by redmeercat
Practice questions which you mark and write corrected answers for are important. Quizzing yourself too. The main thing is that in every revision session you need to know whether the goal is to understand, practice or memorise a particular topic. If the goal is to understand you might do research, add to your notes and work through example questions. If the goal is to practice then practice papers and questions are key. If the goal is to memorise than flthanashcards, the blurt method (writing down everything you remember about a topic within 5 minutes, then using your notes to correct and add to what you wrote), and similar will be helpful.
review the stuff you've covered in year 10 and it'd save you a lot of stress if you have your revision notes for the content you've covered in year 10 complete by the end of the summer. don't overwork yourself though.
quizlet, shmoop, litcharts, sparknotes and cliffnotes i found really helpful for english. make sure you do plenty of practice papers for maths as being able to do exam questions tests the strength of your understanding for the topics.
i did flashcards and past papers for business and got an A :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest