The Student Room Group

Durham or Hull

I'm really struggling to choose between the 2. Durham was my aspirational uni but Hull has the better course. Help me decide!
Original post by polly13
I'm really struggling to choose between the 2. Durham was my aspirational uni but Hull has the better course. Help me decide!

Hi @polly13

I have been a student at the University of Hull for almost 6 years. Although I may be bias and say Hull is brilliant, ultimately the decision is yours.

When deciding between the two universities it is important to also consider factors such as where will you feel most comfortable when you're studying for example. University, in my experience, is far more than just the course which you are going to be studying.

Do you enjoy sports? if so what sports does that university offer and is there a sport which you enjoy which you like the look of?
If sport is not your thing, then maybe there is a society which you might be interested in joining.
Do you enjoy volunteering? if so is there volunteering opportunities available for you?
What opportunities are available to you are a student?

If you are provided with the opportunity to visit each university, I would advise taking that opportunity in order to try and get a feel for the universities.
You will know in your gut where is going to be the right place for you to study.

But reasons to consider studying at Hull:

- A very affordable city for students
- Official Partners of Team GB
- One Campus, Everything you need

If you have any questions about what it is like to be a student at Hull, we have our Ask a Student page on the website. All the students on the page are very friendly and happy to answer any questions about the university which you may have - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

I hope that this is helpful

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending