lochoi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am from Macao. I have received a conditional offer from the LSE, which requires me to get 7 in all categories of IELTS. I have retaken the exam for multiple times. However, the score of my writing is still 0.5 point short. I am going to be in isolation for the upcoming weeks, and may not be able to retake any more IELTS exam after. Should I write an email to LSE to claim my situation? I heard that the English Requirements in most of the university (including top university like ICL) is flexible, which they will still provide you space even when you are slightly below the requirements at last. However, I also heard that LSE treat their conditional offer as a hard rule...giving no mercy to those who fail to meet the requirements. Is this news real???
Tanukipoko
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there, greeting from mainland China. In your LSE For You system, you could find "how do I " option and there's a conditional waiver form. They said they wouldn't consider waiving English requirements until the end of June but since you'll be in isolation, it's worth trying. I filled mine to waive the degree certification (since I'll have a gap year before graduation) and it took several days until I received the email saying it's under consideration. I haven't received mine so I can't say whether it's possible or not. Good luck to both of us!
Last edited by Tanukipoko; 1 month ago
A level newbies
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
LSE Could you please clarify on this situation please and what are the chances of me qualifying for an unconditional offer if I receive 8 in Listening, 8.5 in Reading, 7.5 in Speaking and 6.5 in Writing? I am an A&F conditional undergraduate offer holder.
LSE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by A level newbies)
LSE Could you please clarify on this situation please and what are the chances of me qualifying for an unconditional offer if I receive 8 in Listening, 8.5 in Reading, 7.5 in Speaking and 6.5 in Writing? I am an A&F conditional undergraduate offer holder.
If you are unable to re-sit the test in order to meet the required grades, you are advised to contact the Undergraduate Admissions team directly as soon as possible to discuss your circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.38%
Uncertainty around my education (62)
11.5%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (65)
12.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (71)
13.17%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (29)
5.38%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (24)
4.45%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (57)
10.58%
Financial worries (34)
6.31%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.71%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
6.12%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.78%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (55)
10.2%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (45)
8.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise