marisa19
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hiya, was wondering if anyone is studying a BSc in economics and finance as i have never studied economics before, have just completed History, Maths and Psychology A level and am interested in taking Economics and Finance at university however am worried as i have never done economics before i may fall behind or find it difficult. thanks.
BenRyan99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by marisa19)
hiya, was wondering if anyone is studying a BSc in economics and finance as i have never studied economics before, have just completed History, Maths and Psychology A level and am interested in taking Economics and Finance at university however am worried as i have never done economics before i may fall behind or find it difficult. thanks.
How do you know you're interested in economics and finance at university if you've never studied either, not to mention the difference between a-level and degree level economics?

In general though I'd simply say that if you're good at maths and can write compelling essays, plus a perceived interest in Econ/Fin then you should be good to go
marisa19
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by BenRyan99)
How do you know you're interested in economics and finance at university if you've never studied either, not to mention the difference between a-level and degree level economics?

In general though I'd simply say that if you're good at maths and can write compelling essays, plus a perceived interest in Econ/Fin then you should be good to go
Hiya, i am interested in economics and finance as I have done research, watched lectures, read books, done work experience at investment banks and would like to pursue a profession in finance. I have an A in A-level maths and A* and A in psychology and History so i would assume from that i can write good essays!! thank you for the advice! Most of the courses mention that no prior knowledge of economics is needed though as not all colleges offer it so hopefully it should be ok!
BenRyan99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by marisa19)
Hiya, i am interested in economics and finance as I have done research, watched lectures, read books, done work experience at investment banks and would like to pursue a profession in finance. I have an A in A-level maths and A* and A in psychology and History so i would assume from that i can write good essays!! thank you for the advice! Most of the courses mention that no prior knowledge of economics is needed though as not all colleges offer it so hopefully it should be ok!
Yes uni level economics doesn't require previous study of economics. There's not a single university in the country that has a-level economics as a requirement so this shows you you'll be fine. In my economics degree, they basically teach a-level Economics content in the first semester to give everyone an equal grounding, I assume it's similar at other institutions.

The fact that unis tend to only have mathematics requirements for BSc Economics courses tells you pretty much all you need to know about the courses haha
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
some economics students without A level economics feel like they're missing something
others are held back because they can't get out of the A level economics mindset

you'll be fine, just pay attention
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads