The Student Room Group

feeling depressed

I don't have any siblings or friends but I have cousins but we haven't spoken for a long time due to ongoing family feuds. I really don't know what to do anymore. I never realised how lonely I was until this pandemic started and I finished uni. I feel like I have absolutely nothing to live for or look forward too. Anytime I cry in front of my parents, they get mad at me and start shouting. They have no idea what I have been through. I understand that I could just make friends. I have in the past but many of them have hurt me in school so I just didn't want anything to do with them and no I'm lonely. Any advice on what I should do and any of you out there going through the same experience as me?
weirdly enough I do have a similar situation, kinda creepy tbh. One of my only friends is a cousin who lives 3 hours away and can only visit him in the holidays. Similar situation with my family, I'm the 'mentally stunted' of the family and yet my older sister always talks about depression while it's just her being sensitive. The way you deal with it is just look for the next thing I suppose, like a new season of TV but its the next stage of your life with new people and the statistics in your life show that there are more a holes then nice people but there is still literally a billion people out there so rly u just have to wait for the next best thing and try to make it good by looking at what ure going through now.
hopefully that didn't sound too cheesy or weird :colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by yodasapexstudent
weirdly enough I do have a similar situation, kinda creepy tbh. One of my only friends is a cousin who lives 3 hours away and can only visit him in the holidays. Similar situation with my family, I'm the 'mentally stunted' of the family and yet my older sister always talks about depression while it's just her being sensitive. The way you deal with it is just look for the next thing I suppose, like a new season of TV but its the next stage of your life with new people and the statistics in your life show that there are more a holes then nice people but there is still literally a billion people out there so rly u just have to wait for the next best thing and try to make it good by looking at what ure going through now.
hopefully that didn't sound too cheesy or weird :colondollar:

Hi there, thanks for the quick response. Yeah you are right, I should just focus on the future and stuff but its so hard. I've been going through this for years. Its depressing to have no friends, siblings or even cousins to talk to especially during a pandemic. Everyone is going out and I am stuck at home. I even ask my mother to do things and she is not interested.I am an adult now but I strongly wish that I had siblings. That way, I would at least have someone to talk to at home besides my mum and dad. But obviously there is nothing I can do about that now.
I suppose the next step for u is to find new people and start over almost. There is always work after the pandemic and after that u will probably be praying for another pandemic after boring work catches up. Try to find people who look friendly enough and work on your communication skills to become more extroverted so you can make new friends. The worst thing about depression is that people get too pessimistic and that's what makes them think there is no value in life so rly it's just depression making you think that u can't get friends but anyone can. Hope this is helpful minus the cringe fest messages that I so badly need to work on :colone: Gl whatever u do with ure life tho.
Reply 4
Original post by yodasapexstudent
I suppose the next step for u is to find new people and start over almost. There is always work after the pandemic and after that u will probably be praying for another pandemic after boring work catches up. Try to find people who look friendly enough and work on your communication skills to become more extroverted so you can make new friends. The worst thing about depression is that people get too pessimistic and that's what makes them think there is no value in life so rly it's just depression making you think that u can't get friends but anyone can. Hope this is helpful minus the cringe fest messages that I so badly need to work on :colone: Gl whatever u do with ure life tho.

Thank you very much :smile:. Though its not easy, I will try my best to be positive and look towards the future.
Reply 5
Have you tried volunteering? Get to talk to people who might understand or maybe even just put on a brave face and help others feel less alone whilst being less alone? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending