The Student Room Group

provisional license application!!

so i didnt finish my provisional license in time (21 days) and now it's been 6 weeks since i got it. i read somewhere that they extended it to 90 days because of covid (i forgot where), but on my paper it says 21 days. i'm waiting for a refund so i can get another application, but i havent got it yet and they wont answer my email. do u think its extended to 90 days and on the paper it's a mistake? idk what to do
also for where you need to put your passport information, can i use my expired passport?
Really? I had a similar situation about a month ago - ran out of time and assumed that they would refund me but the refund hasn't come through yet so maybe it is 90 days now... maybe try and find online where you read that it had been extended? I would guess that if it had been extended the papers would still say 21 days on them because they won't update them purely for COVID - I bet they just have thousands of copies of the papers and just send the envelopes off when someone requests one...

Edit: you probably need an in date passport :redface:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Maryyyxxx
also for where you need to put your passport information, can i use my expired passport?

No.
Original post by Naanaa.
Really? I had a similar situation about a month ago - ran out of time and assumed that they would refund me but the refund hasn't come through yet so maybe it is 90 days now... maybe try and find online where you read that it had been extended? I would guess that if it had been extended the papers would still say 21 days on them because they won't update them purely for COVID - I bet they just have thousands of copies of the papers and just send the envelopes off when someone requests one...

Edit: you probably need an in date passport :redface:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a_refund_of_my_provisional_licen_3
it's here you need to scroll a bit
apparently u can extend ur application so im gonna call them and see
thank u!
Original post by Maryyyxxx
im gonna call them and see
thank u!

let me know how it goes! if they still accept it maybe I still have time to send mine in :smile:
Original post by Naanaa.
let me know how it goes! if they still accept it maybe I still have time to send mine in :smile:

yeah i think they still accept it. i called and the automated message said that the application doesnt expire after 21 days due to covid
Original post by stressingrn
so i didnt finish my provisional license in time (21 days) and now it's been 6 weeks since i got it. i read somewhere that they extended it to 90 days because of covid (i forgot where), but on my paper it says 21 days. i'm waiting for a refund so i can get another application, but i havent got it yet and they wont answer my email. do u think its extended to 90 days and on the paper it's a mistake? idk what to do
Did you find out?
Original post by stressingrn

Did you find out

Quick Reply

Latest