The Student Room Group

NCS

National citizen service, is it rated? good to do? good for applying to dentistry? its so boring but my schools saying its good for uni, is it?
Nah. The first week is fun but beyond getting a job in 6th form it has stayed squarely out of any CV or Uni application I've ever done.

If you're going with a mate it's good though. I enjoyed it.
Original post by vicvic38
Nah. The first week is fun but beyond getting a job in 6th form it has stayed squarely out of any CV or Uni application I've ever done.

If you're going with a mate it's good though. I enjoyed it.

lol its in school due to covid not leaving the school its so boring got 8 days left i hate it, not even with my friends, im willing to up with it if the certificate is worth it however, every1 is saying mixed opinions
Original post by ghostface300
National citizen service, is it rated? good to do? good for applying to dentistry? its so boring but my schools saying its good for uni, is it?

Hiya!
I did NCS during the summer after year 11 and found it to be really fun. It's a great way to put yourself outside your comfort zone and you can learn a lot if you make the most of it :smile:
It's not necessarily whether "NCS" will look good on your application but doing all these different things such as sports clubs, volunteering etc. helps you develop skills that are essential in Dentistry and gives you experiences to reflect on in your application. It's good to try new things and I'm sure you'll get something to talk about from doing it!

Let me know if you have any further questions about applying to Dentistry

Numra
Year 3 Dental Student
Medic Mind
Original post by Medic Mind
Hiya!
I did NCS during the summer after year 11 and found it to be really fun. It's a great way to put yourself outside your comfort zone and you can learn a lot if you make the most of it :smile:
It's not necessarily whether "NCS" will look good on your application but doing all these different things such as sports clubs, volunteering etc. helps you develop skills that are essential in Dentistry and gives you experiences to reflect on in your application. It's good to try new things and I'm sure you'll get something to talk about from doing it!

Let me know if you have any further questions about applying to Dentistry

Numra
Year 3 Dental Student
Medic Mind

thanks, another question are my chances ok with these gcse grades, i feel like a 6 is too low for dentistry in maths.
english language- 8
english literature- 7
history- 8
combined science- 7-7
maths- 6
arabic- 5
creative i- media- L2D (grade 8)
sports- L2D (grade 8)
Original post by ghostface300
lol its in school due to covid not leaving the school its so boring got 8 days left i hate it, not even with my friends, im willing to up with it if the certificate is worth it however, every1 is saying mixed opinions

Definitely don't bother then. The first week when I did it was out at this adventure place. You'd be better off doing something on coursera, like learning a programming language or something.

Quick Reply

Latest