The Student Room Group

Year 10, June Mocks - Results

I'm currently on my second day of the June Mocks and I'm curious about how long we'll be held in suspense for the results.
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by cbrr
I'm currently on my second day of the June Mocks and I'm curious about how long we'll be held in suspense for the results.
Thanks!

I'm in Yr 10 doing my mocks too (am on the 2nd week of mocks) and it really depends, some teachers have already started marking our papers ready for next lesson whilst others have Yr 11 final exams to mark for submission, I'd say don't really worry too much about it, relax after they're done and be patient with your teachers 😉
Original post by radbhak
I'm in Yr 10 doing my mocks too (am on the 2nd week of mocks) and it really depends, some teachers have already started marking our papers ready for next lesson whilst others have Yr 11 final exams to mark for submission, I'd say don't really worry too much about it, relax after they're done and be patient with your teachers 😉

I start my mocks after a week and do they use papers from the last year to test us with?
Reply 3
Original post by student2283
I start my mocks after a week and do they use papers from the last year to test us with?

It really depends on what your schools have covered, some subjects we are doing full GCSE past papers whilst others they are adapting to what we already learnt over Year 10.
Original post by radbhak
It really depends on what your schools have covered, some subjects we are doing full GCSE past papers whilst others they are adapting to what we already learnt over Year 10.

Ok thanks. Oh and by adapting, do you mean they'd remove content we haven't yet learned or?
Reply 5
Original post by student2283
Ok thanks. Oh and by adapting, do you mean they'd remove content we haven't yet learned or?

Yep they remove content we haven't learned yet
I'm really feeling worried about them. Anyone doing tripple science in mocks? was it hard?
Reply 7
Original post by radbhak

Hello , have you done a maths paper 2 higher and is so did u find it hard ?
Reply 8
Original post by Idk tbh
Hello , have you done a maths paper 2 higher and is so did u find it hard ?

ah no my Maths Paper 2 is on Thursday but we went through one in class and for some reason they're giving us a full GCSE paper despite us not learning the Year 11 content yet so right now for me it may seem hard but it really depends if you learnt the topic yet, I'm going through some Year 11 content on my own and I'm doing the Free Standing Maths OCR so I might find it alright. Good Luck on yours though!
Reply 9
Original post by radbhak
ah no my Maths Paper 2 is on Thursday but we went through one in class and for some reason they're giving us a full GCSE paper despite us not learning the Year 11 content yet so right now for me it may seem hard but it really depends if you learnt the topic yet, I'm going through some Year 11 content on my own and I'm doing the Free Standing Maths OCR so I might find it alright. Good Luck on yours though!

Okay thank you , have you done the non calculator higher paper one either ?
Original post by Idk tbh
Okay thank you , have you done the non calculator higher paper one either ?

I've done that one and it was... ok...a bit hard but I've started learning the methods independently.
Original post by radbhak
I've done that one and it was... ok...a bit hard but I've started learning the methods independently.

I’m really nervous for the test and I think I will gate grade one and zero marks I feel very stressed as I think I left it too last minute but there is too much to revise ingenuity think I’m going to know nothing in the test
Original post by Idk tbh
I’m really nervous for the test and I think I will gate grade one and zero marks I feel very stressed as I think I left it too last minute but there is too much to revise ingenuity think I’m going to know nothing in the test

Don't worry you'll do great I'm sure, its the last few questions that are hard.
Reply 13
Original post by radbhak

Can you remember what topics were on it? We got a list of what’s going to be on the mocks but it doesn’t say which paper each topic is for
Original post by Lacrimosa1
I'm really feeling worried about them. Anyone doing tripple science in mocks? was it hard?

I do triple science and it only has a little addition to what combined science do.
As in, the extra topics for a triple science Paper 1 are:
Pressure Equation
Static Electricity
Background Radiation
Uses of Radioactivity
Nuclear Fission
Nuclear Fusion
Its hard but you get used to it being hard :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by radbhak

Reply 16

my school are giving all the triple science people combined science papers, so we're all doing the exact same paper (unless someone's doing foundation).
Original post by areej.bu
I do triple science and it only has a little addition to what combined science do.
Pressure Equation
Static Electricity
Background Radiation
Uses of Radioactivity
Nuclear Fission
Nuclear Fusion

Ah i just finished all my triple exams and, its... ok... in my opinion physics and bio were easier but triple isn't that bad,
Original post by areej.bu
Pressure Equation
Static Electricity
Background Radiation
Uses of Radioactivity
Nuclear Fission
Nuclear Fusion

and thats just physics... then theres bio and chem...
Good luck whoever is doing the higher maths mock cause it’s an absolute joke

Quick Reply

Latest