Anyone scared about turning 18?

Watch
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm not 18 till August but I'm really scared for when the time comes

The realization that you are able to basically do all the adult stuff just freaks me out... I still feel like I have the maturity of a 12-year-old and have little common sense or responsibility. For god sake, I was literally watching a Scooby-Doo episode yesterday.

And to add to this the UCAS firm deadline is in 2 days and I have no frigin idea what I'm going to do!

Anyone?
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
not really scared tbh. Age is just a number lol.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Naa 18 is a nice age, real responsibility doesn't kick in till like 22ish but you get all the freedoms of adulthood.
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
not really scared tbh. Age is just a number lol.
That's a good attitude to have I guess xD
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes. just getting older in general. although it's still next year August
Last edited by Obolinda; 1 month ago
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Naa 18 is a nice age, real responsibility doesn't kick in till like 22ish but you get all the freedoms of adulthood.
I don't want freedom, It's just more room to screw up
4D Chess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah cos I'm 19 and the thought of possibly time travelling back to the past is scary

Name:  monkaW.png
Views: 13
Size:  37.0 KB
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
I don't want freedom, It's just more room to screw up
Its hard to majorly screw up at that age, a lot of immaturity and general dumbness but most of it just ends up being good stories. At 18 you can afford to mess up anyway, its how you learn.
campann000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

The realization that you are able to basically do all the adult stuff just freaks me out... I still feel like I have the maturity of a 12-year-old and have little common sense or responsibility. For god sake, I was literally watching a Scooby-Doo episode yesterday.

And to add to this the UCAS firm deadline is in 2 days and I have no frigin idea what I'm going to do!

Anyone?
i am super scared want to talk about it.
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just imagine how I feel since I’m turning 25 in about 3 months :lol:
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
(Original post by RichPiana)
Just imagine how I feel since I’m turning 25 in about 3 months :lol:
Name:  goodluck.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  31.3 KB
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah man I'm looking forward to it. It's gonna be sick :yep:
urlocalinmate
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah, I'll be 18 in September, there's always a few changes every year, nothing major but parents do play a part. I still have a 9 year old phone that came out when I was 9, still living in the past...
pureheroinex
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yea I'm 18 atm turning 19 soon and it is very depressing and lonely
lots of expectations and responsibility to deal with

growing up is inevitable unfortunately
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Meh, I'm quite a few years older than you and I still don't feel like a proper adult. It's a case of faking it till you make it, everyone feels like this , it's totally normal.

And I still wouldn't say "no" to watching Scoody Doo
Last edited by black tea; 1 month ago
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't worry about it. I was freaked out about it too but I turned 18 this year and literally nothing changed. I still feel like a 16 year-old sometimes tbh (probably cuz I spent my whole 17th year in lockdown lol).
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A long time ago for me but all that really changed was that I could sup in my local legally instead of illegally :lol:
Last edited by gjd800; 1 month ago
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Anyone?
I’m 24 now. It’s not like you hit 18 and you have to immediately figure out how to do everything yourself, ‘I need to know how to pay my taxes, how to get a job, gotta learn how to cook etc.’ All these things happen gradually as you become more independent and progress further in your career/educational goals.

It’s really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I still go on TSR at 24 so something must be going right, I guess
Onion socks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I’m 17 atm but I don’t wanna turn 18 at all. My parents keep telling me I will be a man by then and have more freedom and cool my own food and stuff. Most people my age want their own car or credit card or all the bs people 20 years later complain about. My parents have been trying to tempt me into getting a credit card and a drivers license by saying i can buy things or do more fun stuff but I’m not falling for that bs. All this stuff they’re tempting me with Is only temporary pleasure but after that fades it’s all gonna be a pain in the *** to be responsible over.
Truflais
Report 1 month ago
I'm 27 and it's all down hill from 18 bruh. Sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.73%
Excited but a bit nervous (110)
45.45%
Not bothered either way (32)
13.22%
I'm really nervous (45)
18.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed