english language paper 2 question 5

Watch this thread
m3nace
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Festivals and fairs should be banned. They encourage bad behaviour and are disruptive to local communities.’
Write a letter to your local newspaper in which you argue for or against this statement.

Dear Sir or Madam
I amDear Sir or Madam
I am writing to you to disagree with the banning of fairs and festivals. They are in no way disruptive, but rather unified communities and people of different backgrounds, and completely stripping communities of such an experience would be immoral and unjust

Firstly, the presence of fairs and festivals boosts businesses in the local community who otherwise may have not experienced such traction to their stores. Local restaurants bars hotels and so on are supported by events such as this and to ban fairs and festivals would be stripping business owners of their livelihoods altogether. Think of the employees, the managers and all who take part in business activity. Where is the thought for those members of the community? Surely their jobs and economic well being is more important than whether a small minority of locals are being annoyed?

Furthermore, fairs and festivals promote diversity amongst community groups who otherwise may have never mixed with one another period reducing and fixing community tensions is important to maintain local well being an I'm sure even those who loathe the very idea of fairs can agree with me on that point. Although I completely acknowledge and understand the concerns of those who believe fairs and festivals to be a nuisance and a disruption. I do not wish to disprove these claims, but simply wish to show that festivals and fairs should not be reduced to their behaviour of a select few, as they bring so much more joy and fun than they do pain and suffering. I

I hope I have been able to change your previous ideas about fairs and festi They are a vital part of many lives and are the epitome of amusement for the majority of people all over and to take away the option of Fair attendance is simply cruel I do hope you take these ideas into consideration.
Your sincerely
writing to you to disagree with the banning of fairs and festivals. They are in no way disruptive, but rather unified communities and people of different backgrounds, and completely stripping communities of such an experience would be immoral and unjust

Firstly, the presence of fairs and festivals boosts businesses in the local community who otherwise may have not experienced such traction to their stores. Local restaurants bars hotels and so on are supported by events such as this and to ban fairs and festivals would be stripping business owners of their livelihoods altogether. Think of the employees, the managers and all who take part in business activity. Where is the thought for those members of the community? Surely their jobs and economic well being is more important than whether a small minority of locals are being annoyed?

Furthermore, fairs and festivals promote diversity amongst community groups who otherwise may have never mixed with one another period reducing and fixing community tensions is important to maintain local well being an I'm sure even those who loathe the very idea of fairs can agree with me on that point. Although I completely acknowledge and understand the concerns of those who believe fairs and festivals to be a nuisance and a disruption. I do not wish to disprove these claims, but simply wish to show that festivals and fairs should not be reduced to their behaviour of a select few, as they bring so much more joy and fun than they do pain and suffering. I

I hope I have been able to change your previous ideas about fairs and festi They are a vital part of many lives and are the epitome of amusement for the majority of people all over and to take away the option of Fair attendance is simply cruel I do hope you take these ideas into consideration.
Your sincerely
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads