The Student Room Group

geography alevel NEA

im not sure of any ideas to use as my topic for my NEA, does anyone have any ideas i could use?

im very interested in tectonics, but im open to all ideas
: )
Hey I'm about to start doing mine aswell...my teacher suggested choosing a topic that relates to the topics we're doing in the course, it helps add extra knowledge for your exams and make you more confident it what your doing. She also suggested choosing something that can be done on a small geographical area, which would mean tectonics and other hazards would be quite hard, but its possible if your up for the challenge

You could relate to human geography and how people living on plate boundaries perceive the place with it being at such high risk or maybe to do with the tourism surrounding them. But this will be quite hard to get the info for unless you know someone who lives close to one who can give you their own personal view. You could talk about an at risk town/villages plans for when something happens like a volcano/earthquake. How they deal with it. Evacuations, casualties etc

You should also try to relate it to something else your studying or want to do as a degree maybe..so for me I do sociology so linking my NEA to inequality in an area for example may be beneficial for one I'm interested in it and two I can write it on my personal statement to show I've done extra research into it. Hope this helps a little :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by auiii
im not sure of any ideas to use as my topic for my NEA, does anyone have any ideas i could use?

im very interested in tectonics, but im open to all ideas
: )

Im currently doing my NEA. Doing it based around tectonics will be really hard to do. If your interested in human geography things like to what extent is there a need for regeneration in the town centre or like how does quality of life differ from the CBD to the suburbs- it will be easier to your NEA around where you live as its easy to get the data. if you like physical more you could do like carbon content in trees or go to the coast and do it about coastal management or longshore drift

hope this helps
Reply 3
Original post by Charl1313
Hey I'm about to start doing mine aswell...my teacher suggested choosing a topic that relates to the topics we're doing in the course, it helps add extra knowledge for your exams and make you more confident it what your doing. She also suggested choosing something that can be done on a small geographical area, which would mean tectonics and other hazards would be quite hard, but its possible if your up for the challenge

You could relate to human geography and how people living on plate boundaries perceive the place with it being at such high risk or maybe to do with the tourism surrounding them. But this will be quite hard to get the info for unless you know someone who lives close to one who can give you their own personal view. You could talk about an at risk town/villages plans for when something happens like a volcano/earthquake. How they deal with it. Evacuations, casualties etc

You should also try to relate it to something else your studying or want to do as a degree maybe..so for me I do sociology so linking my NEA to inequality in an area for example may be beneficial for one I'm interested in it and two I can write it on my personal statement to show I've done extra research into it. Hope this helps a little :smile:

thank you this really helps! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by maali123
Im currently doing my NEA. Doing it based around tectonics will be really hard to do. If your interested in human geography things like to what extent is there a need for regeneration in the town centre or like how does quality of life differ from the CBD to the suburbs- it will be easier to your NEA around where you live as its easy to get the data. if you like physical more you could do like carbon content in trees or go to the coast and do it about coastal management or longshore drift

hope this helps

thank you!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest