How to request for a change in college? GIRTON

Watch this thread
AnnUK
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,
Need some advice please!
I've been placed in GIRTON college for my MPHIL 2021. It's incredibly far from the Faculty of Education. (It take 1.5 hours to walk/30 mins to cycle). I can't cycle as I'm asthmatic.

Do you know if the public transport system is reliable for me to take a bus to my Faculty everyday? (goggle maps says bus ride is 40 mins)

Would Cambridge consider a change in college in my situation (i.e. I don't have a disability)

I'm feeling quite anxious about it as I don't know how to travel to my faculty daily :/
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AnnUK)
Hi everyone,
Need some advice please!
I've been placed in GIRTON college for my MPHIL 2021. It's incredibly far from the Faculty of Education. (It take 1.5 hours to walk/30 mins to cycle). I can't cycle as I'm asthmatic.

Do you know if the public transport system is reliable for me to take a bus to my Faculty everyday? (goggle maps says bus ride is 40 mins)

Would Cambridge consider a change in college in my situation (i.e. I don't have a disability)

I'm feeling quite anxious about it as I don't know how to travel to my faculty daily :/
Yes, public transport is pretty good in Cambridge, everyone who doesn't want to walk or cycle uses the bus service. Chances are if you are in Girton, you will be in the Eddington accommodation, and the Universal Bus Service leaves from there every 20 minutes or similar. One of the stops by the Stn is reasonably close to the Education Faculty.

https://www.environment.admin.cam.ac...vel/travel-bus

You should speak to the Senior Tutor at Girton and your Course Director - cc them into the same email explaining your concerns.

Also, contact the Girton MCR and ask for advice from other students who have been in the Education Faculty - they might have extra tips/advice.
AnnUK
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Yes, public transport is pretty good in Cambridge, everyone who doesn't want to walk or cycle uses the bus service. Chances are if you are in Girton, you will be in the Eddington accommodation, and the Universal Bus Service leaves from there every 20 minutes or similar. One of the stops by the Stn is reasonably close to the Education Faculty.

https://www.environment.admin.cam.ac...vel/travel-bus

You should speak to the Senior Tutor at Girton and your Course Director - cc them into the same email explaining your concerns.

Also, contact the Girton MCR and ask for advice from other students who have been in the Education Faculty - they might have extra tips/advice.
Thank you so much for your guidance. May I please know who is a 'Senior tutor'? This is the first time I'm hearing of the role. (I'm an international student, never studied in the UK). Is it important to include my faculty director on the email or just the GIRTON staff?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (54)
27.14%
As I expected (65)
32.66%
Harder (72)
36.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.02%

Watched Threads