Would you recommend studying some of thr content of a levels in year 11 summer?

Watch
mgcgian047
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Like maths past papers and further maths papers?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, just enjoy your summer. You'll be taught it all in Sixth form.
I'd use the time to do research or reading in an area of interest or something you want to study at uni if you want to do something academic. Doing A level past papers when you haven't been taught the content is a bit crazy.
ALostPingu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can if you want, but its not necessary imo. Enjoy the summer.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. Take it from someone who did revise: it was unnecessary and a waste of good time.
mgcgian047
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
No. Take it from someone who did revise: it was unnecessary and a waste of good time.
I'm wasting life here in summer, none of my friends wanna dl anything. Ehh, ull take the advice, I'll just study a little continously to keep my mind sharp
Volcan0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it depends on who you are as a person. If you already have all your study skills like revision and organisation nailed on then you can enjoy a break. If not at least cover some of the harder parts of GCSE subjects you plan to take further as there is often a bit of content covered. Most importantly, if you haven't done so I suggest you do a bit of reading on the subject courses you have chosen. Most colleges like mine I believe allow you to switch during the first few weeks if you want to do something else. Make sure that you know enough about alternatives incase you start a course and it is not what you where expecting.
Last edited by Volcan0; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (15)
25.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
62.07%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads