someguy22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
hi guys this is somewhat urgent. can someone tell me in detail what i can do to get a job at age 16 in london? do i have to start applying for jobs before turning 16? i want to get some part time job just to save up some money for the future. i dont have any experience in anything.

also, this is less urgent but if anyone knows how to open a bank account independantly at 16 or something tell me. thanks
pumilio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
volunteering at a shop or something would be a good way to lead to a paid job. otherwise at 16 in london i imagine it would be quite difficult.
You'll need to have a CV, get some experience (any) to put on there, there are online CV makers you could use.
I use indeed to apply for jobs, just apply for everything you can do and show a real willingness for good work, ask around and be proactive.

As for bank accounts, you can usually get one for yourself once you're 16, you'll need to get it set up in the building and need your ID (passports and stuff i think), but banks will have all the information on how to do that on their website and the people working in the banks are usually very helpful and will give good advice. If you've left school, there are some government programmes to get jobs for young people i think, might be worth looking into.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (357)
84%
No (68)
16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed