Unit 18 Access to Nursing

Watch this thread
Macshe
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi

Can anyone please help with the two sociological approaches this question is asking for is it Macro and Micro or Agency and Structural or Functionalism and Conflict
#- Describe two sociological approaches to poverty and health.
India_gmb
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Macshe)
Hi

Can anyone please help with the two sociological approaches this question is asking for is it Macro and Micro or Agency and Structural or Functionalism and Conflict
#- Describe two sociological approaches to poverty and health.
Hey did you get any help with this?
Macshe
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi
Yes I did. Thank you

(Original post by India_gmb)
Hey did you get any help with this?
India_gmb
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi
Yes I did. Thank you
Can I get some help please? xx
Macshe
Rep:
hi
Where do you need help
India_gmb
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
hi
Where do you need help
From the beginning 😭😭 xx
Macshe
Rep:
So for my journal article I used PowerPoint
A)- Two sociological approaches to poverty and health
First define sociology and the define Porverty desribe Macro sociological perspective which includes functionalism and conflict perspective to porverty and health and then describe micro approach which include the symbolic perspective to porverty so describe all that giving examples I hope it helps
joannalou36
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by India_gmb)
Can I get some help please? xx
Hi did you manage to do this unit. I am so stuck. I really need help xx
lauraboltx
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hey, Have you managed to get any help? I've just tried to start this unit and don't even know where to start with layout!
joannalou36
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by lauraboltx)
Hey, Have you managed to get any help? I've just tried to start this unit and don't even know where to start with layout!
Hopefully we can try and help each other. So i started off explaining UK poverty rates. Then discussed absolute and relative poverty, then the approaches used by sociologist when looking at the causes of poverty; structural and agency. Then discuss how the introduction of the welfare state in the early 1900’s, then the changed made from the introduction. Section 2 talk about the Joseph Rowntree Foundation and contrast with Centre for Social Jusitice. And discuss The Resoltion Foundation. Political learnings and how the goverment have introduced things to reduce poverty ; food banks. Section 3 patterns of health. What are they and what does it mean? You then need to identify one factor that you feel affects a person's health chances? What is it and how does it affect people? link it to political perspectives, so if you choose diet as your factor, then you might think about how this has been viewed politically and dealt with?
Hope that helps. Ive just made notes so far but I’m really struggling too so if you’ve got any advice once you get started I’d really appreciate it ! Good luck. It’s a tough one x
lauraboltx
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by joannalou36)
Hopefully we can try and help each other. So i started off explaining UK poverty rates. Then discussed absolute and relative poverty, then the approaches used by sociologist when looking at the causes of poverty; structural and agency. Then discuss how the introduction of the welfare state in the early 1900’s, then the changed made from the introduction. Section 2 talk about the Joseph Rowntree Foundation and contrast with Centre for Social Jusitice. And discuss The Resoltion Foundation. Political learnings and how the goverment have introduced things to reduce poverty ; food banks. Section 3 patterns of health. What are they and what does it mean? You then need to identify one factor that you feel affects a person's health chances? What is it and how does it affect people? link it to political perspectives, so if you choose diet as your factor, then you might think about how this has been viewed politically and dealt with?
Hope that helps. Ive just made notes so far but I’m really struggling too so if you’ve got any advice once you get started I’d really appreciate it ! Good luck. It’s a tough one x
It's a nightmare!! If I manage to get on a roll with it and include anything you haven't mentioned then I'll let you know! thanks for your help, it's where to start that's hard when the assignment materials are so useless!! xx
joannalou36
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
It's a nightmare!! If I manage to get on a roll with it and include anything you haven't mentioned then I'll let you know! thanks for your help, it's where to start that's hard when the assignment materials are so useless!! xx
The assignment material just confused me!! I’m just not sure how to structure a journal arcticle to be honest!!xx
lauraboltx
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
The assignment material just confused me!! I’m just not sure how to structure a journal arcticle to be honest!!xx
Same! unit 3 made it look like a newspaper article but online journals look nothing like that? I know some people have done it on powerpoint but it's just confusing me more. I think I'll get it all written up first and then see how it fits the layout xx
joannalou36
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Same! unit 3 made it look like a newspaper article but online journals look nothing like that? I know some people have done it on powerpoint but it's just confusing me more. I think I'll get it all written up first and then see how it fits the layout xx
Yes that’s exactly what I’m doing. You can get good templates for journal articles. I’m using iPad and pages has some templates xx
lauraboltx
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Yes that’s exactly what I’m doing. You can get good templates for journal articles. I’m using iPad and pages has some templates xx
How are you getting on? I think I've managed a half decent paragraph in 2 days!! Really struggling with this one, hope you're getting on better! xx
katiejones1102
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
im really stuck on this unit, would you be able to help me please x thanks in advance x
Lotto101
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If anyone can offer me any advice with this unit it would be appreciated. I feel like how I would want respond to the questions asked in the assignment brief does not necessarily correlate with the study material provided, this unit is blowing my brain a little really, the course material seems more of a political history lesson...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads