Turn on thread page Beta

How much hair do you shed in th shower??? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I know this is unpleasant, but when you shower how much hair falls off? Or just generally?

ReputationRep:
    Far too much.
    My hair's been falling out for quite some time now and it's not getting any better.
    Goddamnit.

ReputationRep:
    :erm:

Let me just count.

I don't take any notice... :mute:

ReputationRep:
    The odd strand. More since I dyed it, but not a tremendous amount.

ReputationRep:
    A lot used to fall out before. It doesn't anymore though, and I have no idea why. Sometimes it depends on how long ago I last washed my hair though; whether it was the day before or not

ReputationRep:
    the odd few hairs, but i notice it falls out loads lately when i'm in the middle of a lesson or something, it's quite annoying really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss__this_x)
    :erm:

Let me just count.

I don't take any notice... :mute:
    I didn't ask you to count the individual strands

I just meant generally

If you haven't noticed then it can't be anything to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    not a huge amount, but my hair is really really long so it just seems like a lot :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot of mine falls out in the shower, but I moult a lot during the day. My bedroom's covered in hairs a lot, which means a lot of cleaning - and every time I brush through my hair I end up decorated in the stuff.
    I naturally have very thick hair, so the effect isn't too bad; but it's still annoying.

ReputationRep:
    21.4 strands.

ReputationRep:
    A helluva lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heartbroken9)
    I didn't ask you to count the individual strands

I just meant generally

If you haven't noticed then it can't be anything to worry about.

Well, if a lot falls out there's a few reasons. Could be that you're not eating enough and therefore have nutrient deficiencies, or if you have bleached/dyed hair it can make more hair fall out more frequently.

Also it depends on the general strength and thickness of your hair.

ReputationRep:
    Loads. And on my hairbrush. When I was about 14 I used to think I was going bald because of it, and was absolutely terrified, but apparently not. I think it's just because I have quite long, thick hair that it looks like a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutley loads, my hair is really thick so it doesnt make any difference whatso ever. Ive always shed a lot, i asked the hairdressers if it was normal and they said because my hair was so thick it was totally normal. Just something to live with i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    too much, I'm probably balding

ReputationRep:
    handfulls, but less now ive taken to brushing it

ReputationRep:
    Not much from my head what I can tell, I have really thick hair anyway so I don't think I'd notice. Some from chest/stomach area, though ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    When I wash my hair, so much hair comes out, it's quite scary actually...probably 2 or 3 massive clumps of hair. I brush my hair before I wash it to try to get rid of any loose strands so it's even more annoying, my hair's getting a bit thin now because of it!

ReputationRep:
    None at all...??

(Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    Far too much.
    My hair's been falling out for quite some time now and it's not getting any better.
    Goddamnit.
    Try a protein treatment . . .

My hair use to drop out loads and I couldn't work out why. I now use like a hair mayonaise which just consists of plant extracts, egg and other stuff.

I now swear by that stuff. My hair sheds, but all hair sheds at some point in the hair cycle, but not as much as it use to.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2008
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.