The Student Room Group

Just Curious (Uni Applicants 2021)

What kind of things did you research or look out for when applying for Uni this year?
- Given that in person open days were not happening
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
There were virtual open days, weren’t entirely useful but better than nothing. I personally looked a league tables, modules for the course I wanted to study, if the course had placements or not. Even the league table showed me student satisfaction and graduate prospects. Oh and YouTube videos
Reply 2
Original post by Ten-Ten
There were virtual open days, weren’t entirely useful but better than nothing. I personally looked a league tables, modules for the course I wanted to study, if the course had placements or not. Even the league table showed me student satisfaction and graduate prospects. Oh and YouTube videos

Nice, did you get around to seeing the prospectus? personally I found most of it summarised online.
It took me a while to work out the course I wanted to do, I decided eventually by looking at the different modules offered on different courses at local universities. Once I worked out the course I searched on whatuni and looked for campus unis within 200 miles of where I live. I then went on virtual open days for the unis.
Reply 4
Original post by Hellllpppp
It took me a while to work out the course I wanted to do, I decided eventually by looking at the different modules offered on different courses at local universities. Once I worked out the course I searched on whatuni and looked for campus unis within 200 miles of where I live. I then went on virtual open days for the unis.

That was a great idea!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Parziva1
Nice, did you get around to seeing the prospectus? personally I found most of it summarised online.

Yeah I downloaded a few

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending