M2459
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm in my first year at uni, studying Physio. I am thinking of attending cpd courses but they can range from £80-150.

Are these courses worth it? Do employers care if I have sports taping and s+c CPD?
PStevens
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M2459)
I'm in my first year at uni, studying Physio. I am thinking of attending cpd courses but they can range from £80-150.

Are these courses worth it? Do employers care if I have sports taping and s+c CPD?
I’m a sports therapist and returning to uni to study Physiotherapy. If you want to get experience at a sports club (I work in rugby) then this would be a good idea as clubs like volunteers/employed staff to be able to perform modalities such as taping, sports massage, dry needling.

In terms of CPD as a Physiotherapy, due to Covid, look in to ‘Therapy live‘. Online Platform inviting lots of pro’s in the world of physio/Osteo/sports medicine/S&C who provide a whole day of seminars online.

You can buy their package from 11th June for £50-£60 I think. It wouldn’t let me paste the link. ‘ Highly recommended plus you get more than CPD hours to add to your CPD file that you’ll need being a physio.

Twitter people to follow - Jack Chew (He runs Therapy live’, Jo ‘shoulder geek’ Gibson, Rich Willy, Benoit Matthews (Function2Fitness), David Poulter, Adam Meakins, Liz Bayley, James Noake and Seth O’Neil (achilles tendinopathy) to name but a few. What they discuss is if far more value than k-taping/sports taping.

These ^^^ care about what they do. Very knowledgeable.

I steer clear of taping players unless they are returning from injury/surgery. Amateur players can be lazy when it comes to commitment to rehab. They prefer someone to tape them.

Courses to do: Jo Gibson - The Shoulder - Steps to success. I went on a weekend for this. Adam Meakins does a good shoulder seminar.

Benoit Matthews does many hip/groin seminar for runners. vitalpm.com is the site which has all the exercise seminars. They’re now opening up f2F seminars as long as you’ve had both vaccinations. Learn your anatomy before going on the course so you can relate to what’s being taught.

It’s a lot to take in when you attend these seminars (is for me anyway). The online ones suit me much better as you can go over the info. You get certificates too.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by PStevens; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.14%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.28%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.93%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.5%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads