Snaprevise flashcards any good?

Watch this thread
Njd3113
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m looking to buy some flashcards as making them is seeming impossible.
I’m studying OCR A level biology and the only set of flashcards I can find are snaprevises
Anyone know if there any good/had them etc

Thanks
nickclement9
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I used Chegg Flashcards a few years ago to make some for my Chemistry A-level. They were free and the mobile app was really useful!

Why can you not make some yourself?
Last edited by nickclement9; 1 year ago
R_bs101
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Did you get them? Because I'm in the same situation as you now 😂
examsaregross
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by R_bs101)
Did you get them? Because I'm in the same situation as you now 😂
They're amazing! I'm in year 13 now have had them a few months and they're so so useful. Gone from a C to a consistent high B to even a mid A in some exams cause theyre so good for the harder topics like cyclic photophosphorylation lmao. Reading a textbook or even revision guides to try and learn hard topics like that give me a brain aneurysm but they're described so well on the flashcards (I'm OCR A; dont think they do an AQA one tho). Hope I've helped
R_bs101
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Thank you. I'll be getting them then as I've been getting consistent C's. How do you revise from them aswell? Just passively or like textbook and write out kind of style.
tbg1213
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by examsaregross)
They're amazing! I'm in year 13 now have had them a few months and they're so so useful. Gone from a C to a consistent high B to even a mid A in some exams cause theyre so good for the harder topics like cyclic photophosphorylation lmao. Reading a textbook or even revision guides to try and learn hard topics like that give me a brain aneurysm but they're described so well on the flashcards (I'm OCR A; dont think they do an AQA one tho). Hope I've helped
Do you use chemistry snaprevise flashcards too?
brainpain
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by examsaregross)
Are the OCR ones on the website for bio for OCR biology A or B? I do biology A and want to get them but don't want to end up with ones for OCR Biology B
2022 g
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I got AQA alevel flash cards for physics, and turns out they made some minor mistakes with a few cards which is really annoying.
Other then that its really useful.
onemarlin21
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 2022 g)
I got AQA alevel flash cards for physics, and turns out they made some minor mistakes with a few cards which is really annoying.
Other then that its really useful.
Is there a large difference between OCR and AQA as well, because they have AQA ones but not OCR ones ( which is what my a level is). So I'm not sure whether to get them or not. Would you recommend them?
2022 g
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by onemarlin21)
Is there a large difference between OCR and AQA as well, because they have AQA ones but not OCR ones ( which is what my a level is). So I'm not sure whether to get them or not. Would you recommend them?
There is a difference between OCR and AQA, but i don’t think its anything crazy. It should be fine if you do get the flash cards. Bare in mind if you get AQA physics cards you’ll see a few careless errors, but other then that its good.
But just remember to follow your OCR spec while going over the cards. Cause AQA may have flash cards that go over content you don’t need for your exam.
Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads