The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do

So I went back to my old uni yesterday to meet some friends and we were all just chilling out with some other people on the campus green. A couple hours pass and these two girls join us, both pretty quiet but brought their own drinks and get talking to our group. I was talking to them a lot and they seemed to respond to me positively.As one of them was getting more drunk, she wanted to dance with people and kiss them and along with a few people, ended up making out with her a bit. After a while although drunk, she walked alone with me and was filling me on her friend (who I fancied) saying she liked me, not to hurt her because she'd never had a boyfriend before and that she could play matchmaker for us. She said she didn't want to sleep with me to come between me and her friend in being 'that friend' as she seemed to really care for her. I was flattered if that was true and when asked if her friend liked me in that way, she said yes but was shy, especially around guys and was only a little more talkative now because of the alcohol. In her words "I asked her which of the two guys standing there she'd like to feel up and she chose you".

The rest of the night me and the friend talked more, joked and we walked around the campus together because we couldn't find signal on our phones. I found that we connected over both studying history, nerdiness and just humour in general where we were talking to others but kept teasing one another, etc. We walked her blackout drunk friend home but after we just kept talking and going on small journeys together. Exchanged snapchat and instagrams like we did with some other new people we both met but hugged and went our separate ways late into the night.

Now today I can't stop thinking about her. She's a really sweet, down to earth girl and although she's gone home for the summer, I want to stay in touch and can see a relationship coming out of this. I've been obsessed with certain girls before (usually quite toxic ones), but never girls like this who shared interests with me and seemed to be on my level so I'm taken aback. She sent me a joke when I got home on instagram but I really want to keep the conversation going and ask her out at some point because although she said it'd be great to see me in September (im returning for a masters), I'm up for doing something in the summer and maybe meet halfway.

Any advice? Does she actually like me or was it her friend making things up? I don't want to lose this girl because I really can see something good coming out of it
Reply 1
anyone?
you message her with something interesting and see if you get talking
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
you message her with something interesting and see if you get talking

I'm trying to, but I'm really scared things will mess up. She is a little awkward but so am I. Not sure how I keep things going
She probs got a little thing for you but I wouldn’t jump the gun too quick just keep chtting and getting to know her then you’ll know if she likes you back
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So I went back to my old uni yesterday to meet some friends and we were all just chilling out with some other people on the campus green. A couple hours pass and these two girls join us, both pretty quiet but brought their own drinks and get talking to our group. I was talking to them a lot and they seemed to respond to me positively.As one of them was getting more drunk, she wanted to dance with people and kiss them and along with a few people, ended up making out with her a bit. After a while although drunk, she walked alone with me and was filling me on her friend (who I fancied) saying she liked me, not to hurt her because she'd never had a boyfriend before and that she could play matchmaker for us. She said she didn't want to sleep with me to come between me and her friend in being 'that friend' as she seemed to really care for her. I was flattered if that was true and when asked if her friend liked me in that way, she said yes but was shy, especially around guys and was only a little more talkative now because of the alcohol. In her words "I asked her which of the two guys standing there she'd like to feel up and she chose you".

The rest of the night me and the friend talked more, joked and we walked around the campus together because we couldn't find signal on our phones. I found that we connected over both studying history, nerdiness and just humour in general where we were talking to others but kept teasing one another, etc. We walked her blackout drunk friend home but after we just kept talking and going on small journeys together. Exchanged snapchat and instagrams like we did with some other new people we both met but hugged and went our separate ways late into the night.

Now today I can't stop thinking about her. She's a really sweet, down to earth girl and although she's gone home for the summer, I want to stay in touch and can see a relationship coming out of this. I've been obsessed with certain girls before (usually quite toxic ones), but never girls like this who shared interests with me and seemed to be on my level so I'm taken aback. She sent me a joke when I got home on instagram but I really want to keep the conversation going and ask her out at some point because although she said it'd be great to see me in September (im returning for a masters), I'm up for doing something in the summer and maybe meet halfway.

Any advice? Does she actually like me or was it her friend making things up? I don't want to lose this girl because I really can see something good coming out of it

Get on Bumble and notice how you find THE ONE time and time and time again. It's called being 19-26 and being an inexperienced dude. You'll look back on these days and smirk at your naivety but these are the motions we go through. You're romantic, it's a little chemical and little ...well, chemical. The best relationships are created over time, tested by hardship.

My advice to you? Don't wait about. If you're into her don't conceive of some perfect circumstances where it'll all work out. 90% odds you don't marry the first chick you fancy at university. But, it could happen... In any case, you let her know. Feel free to ask her out. Remember though, her core beliefs and values could be universes removed from your own. Her idea of freshers could be a gangbang in a skip. You never know. Just keep an open mind, date. Date. Continue to date. Meet people. Make more connections. Refine your discernment.

Every pretty girl that smiles at you is a majestic mythical creature at university when you're <30. Learn what's truly valuable by making your mistakes.
Definitely make contact and ask her out. Perhaps do something nerdy, maybe go somewhere with a bit of history since you have that in common :smile:
This is so sweet to hear!

Personally, I wouldn’t take what her drunk friend said to heart as she was drunk… But, don’t let that stop you from messaging her!

The fact she messaged you first AND wants to see you in September is a great sign.

You also mentioned how you both have a lot in common and had a lot to talk about which is ideal for any relationship! Just throw yourself in and see what the outcome is! If you back out or panic, it’ll just be something you’ll look back on and say ‘what if’.

I really hope this helps you and I also hope it all goes well!
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
She probs got a little thing for you but I wouldn’t jump the gun too quick just keep chtting and getting to know her then you’ll know if she likes you back

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, probably just best to keep chatting, maybe play on some things we spoke about or whatever
Reply 9
Original post by SmileyDuck
This is so sweet to hear!

Personally, I wouldn’t take what her drunk friend said to heart as she was drunk… But, don’t let that stop you from messaging her!

The fact she messaged you first AND wants to see you in September is a great sign.

You also mentioned how you both have a lot in common and had a lot to talk about which is ideal for any relationship! Just throw yourself in and see what the outcome is! If you back out or panic, it’ll just be something you’ll look back on and say ‘what if’.

I really hope this helps you and I also hope it all goes well!

Thank you so much!

I fear you're right but sometimes when drunk people say things they wouldn't sober. I was hoping that was it but it could be anything!

After we both went home she just messaged me a phrase but the September stuff she said in person. I hinted at it being maybe earlier than that and finding a happy medium between Buckinghamshire (where she lives) and London (where I live).

We seemed to have a similar sense of humour and were hanging around a lot messing about last night. I really felt something there and I genuinely do like her-it's a shame I don't have her friend's details as she could've maybe helped me a little. I'm just scared things might go bad but I'll carry on. Was very depressed and slowly having good things happen to me so really hoping this builds on my success atm.

Thanks once again though :smile:
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Definitely make contact and ask her out. Perhaps do something nerdy, maybe go somewhere with a bit of history since you have that in common :smile:

For sure! I'd love to maybe take her to a gallery or something, but although im not into comics, she is and if I can surprise her with something along those lines it would be grand
Original post by Willzyx
Get on Bumble and notice how you find THE ONE time and time and time again. It's called being 19-26 and being an inexperienced dude. You'll look back on these days and smirk at your naivety but these are the motions we go through. You're romantic, it's a little chemical and little ...well, chemical. The best relationships are created over time, tested by hardship.

My advice to you? Don't wait about. If you're into her don't conceive of some perfect circumstances where it'll all work out. 90% odds you don't marry the first chick you fancy at university. But, it could happen... In any case, you let her know. Feel free to ask her out. Remember though, her core beliefs and values could be universes removed from your own. Her idea of freshers could be a gangbang in a skip. You never know. Just keep an open mind, date. Date. Continue to date. Meet people. Make more connections. Refine your discernment.

Every pretty girl that smiles at you is a majestic mythical creature at university when you're <30. Learn what's truly valuable by making your mistakes.

I am inexperienced and a romantic guy so don't knock anything you're saying but I rarely feel like this. Obviously you get attracted to random girls but you just see things on a superficial level whereas here I really, really like her as a person more than anything.

True so we could be at odds over loads of things but sometimes you have to put those things aside if you think there's something there. She said she doesn't like going out clubbing and has never been to the uni's student union so doubt she's about the extroverted life but since she's at uni and I'm not at the moment it makes things more difficult. I don't meet that many people as people after uni are usually either taken or have their own little groups which they don't wish to deviate from. I would like to date around but the opportunities aren't really around currently. Maybe when I return in a few months they will improve.

Yes every pretty girl smiling at you gets you thinking, but I've been through enough of that to differentiate politeness from actual interest. I'm not sure about this one but I really hope it's promising
Haven't looked at my phone in hours as I'm too nervous to see what her message says :frown:
Well after my second Snapchat she’s opened it and not replied. I feel pretty bad rn
I've been talking to her first on snapchat now on WhatsApp for about a week, but I notice the replies have got slower on the second one. She goes on and off it when I've sent the message so I'm not sure although they generally seem enthusiastic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending