zarahh09
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Investigating antimicrobial activities of plants

When I was spreading the bacteria on top of the agar gel but the gel was a bit all over the place so ifk if I did it right. Idk if the bacteria would still grow

I’m a little worried 🥺🥺
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That's weird. Did you prepare the agar gel yourself or get the petri dish with the agar already in there cuz you might've not let it set for enough time. I think that the bacteria should still be able to grow though. If they don't grow then don't worry about it because you can use someone else's results and then talk about what went wrong and what you could have done differently to improve your experiment in your write up and it should be fine.
zarahh09
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by kaorimiyazono)
That's weird. Did you prepare the agar gel yourself or get the petri dish with the agar already in there cuz you might've not let it set for enough time. I think that the bacteria should still be able to grow though. If they don't grow then don't worry about it because you can use someone else's results and then talk about what went wrong and what you could have done differently to improve your experiment in your write up and it should be fine.
It was made for us but I am just worried it won't grow properly because I sort of messed it up
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by zarahh09)
It was made for us but I am just worried it won't grow properly because I sort of messed it up
Oh right. Don't worry about it too much though because, even if you messed it up, you can still have a good write up and it won't impact your grade or the practical part of the A-Level. Also, I think it might be fine but I'm not sure. Anyway, don't stress about it- it'll be ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads