Can you go to top unis with these options

Watch
average_human
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
If I was to study 2 A-Levels (French and German) and a WJEC Level 3 Applied Diploma (Criminology), would that be enough to get into the top unis, specifically Cambridge-but I've heard they don't accept diplomas/BTECs

Therefore would I be better taking another subject-my options would be: A-Level psychology, sociology or history

thanks
1312ACAB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,
Here’s a link to unis that accept WJEC qualifications:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.w...h-13628047.amp
Many top unis accept (e.g. Cardiff, Exeter, Manchester) some don’t (e.g. Durham), some accept with 3 other A-Levels (e.g. Cambridge, i think).

Hope that helps!!
redmeercat
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Assuming you want to do MML at Cambridge (that's what I do) I'd say that history A level would probably be more helpful... the essay writing skills are really important as we write quite a lot of essays! I don't know if the advanced diploma would be accepted, but I do know that history has been really helpful for me!
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Personally I would ditch the Level 3 diploma and go with A-level Sociology or Psychology instead. (they are probably the closest to Criminology and I would imagine they'd overlap - but I'm not very familiar with either subject) It's unclear whether they are accepted by Cambridge, since Welsh Level 3 diplomas aren't explicitly mentioned but I would assume they fall under the same case as BTECs and similar. You could always ask a few colleges.
Last edited by _gcx; 2 weeks ago
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there! Two language A Levels are great, but you'd need a third A Level qualification for us to consider you. You would be welcome to do Criminology as a fourth subject, but you may decide that it's too much work. An A Level in any of the other subjects you've mentioned would provide better preparation not only for our course, but would make you more competitive for entry into Modern Languages courses at most top unis. Hope this helps!
average_human
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
Hi there! Two language A Levels are great, but you'd need a third A Level qualification for us to consider you. You would be welcome to do Criminology as a fourth subject, but you may decide that it's too much work. An A Level in any of the other subjects you've mentioned would provide better preparation not only for our course, but would make you more competitive for entry into Modern Languages courses at most top unis. Hope this helps!
thank you
chew2ter
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Try and find another subject you are passionate about that is not as related to language.... Maybe try Physics or something that is related to Criminology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads