University

Watch this thread
user62828163
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
so i attend university studying primary education and i keep failing assignments however i’m trying my best, yet i can never seem to pass any assignments, i’m worried that i won’t pass first year because of this, so i wanna ask if there’s another way to do teaching without attending uni?
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by user62828163)
so i attend university studying primary education and i keep failing assignments however i’m trying my best, yet i can never seem to pass any assignments, i’m worried that i won’t pass first year because of this,
Are you asking for (and getting) feedback on where you're going wrong with your assignments?

so i wanna ask if there’s another way to do teaching without attending uni?
I can't help with that, sorry.
user62828163
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by martin7)
Are you asking for (and getting) feedback on where you're going wrong with your assignments?
i have asked on a 1:1 where i’m going wrong, and apparently i’m not writing critically, for the last assignment i gave in, i watched videos and everything on it and used everything the video said in my assignment, yet i still didn’t pass, it’s worrying as i know for a fact i’m not gonna pass first year with the amount of times i’ve failed
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi there,

I can understand how stressful it is when you’re not getting the grades you’re trying so hard to get! I’m also a Primary Ed student and criticality is often a big thing that must be worked on. As other people have mentioned, it’s so important to read all your feedback and have conversations with your tutor.

My points for writing critically is to try and write from different points of view and compare and contrast. So if you’re talking about a theorist, try bring in someone who disagrees and their side. Also, as well as using online resources (some of which I’ve linked below), see if your university offers academic writing services. At Coventry University we can get academic writing support in order to improve criticality. They can also help to look through assignment briefs for a deeper understanding too.

Please try not to be too hard on yourself as once you’ve figured it out, it does get easier.

Mel - CU Scarborough Student Ambassador (Primary Education and Teaching Studies)

Critical writing links:
https://www.eapfoundation.com/writing/critical/
https://www.aresearchguide.com/write...cal-essay.html
https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-cr...-essay-1689943
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (137)
66.83%
No (46)
22.44%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed