can UCAS prediction grades be changed?

Watch
zwl_alex
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I take French, Maths & Economics and I just finished my exams today. Essentially I did horrible on my Maths and I predict a BCD with French being my only hope right now
My uni choice requires atleast BBB and I was wondering if UCAS predicted grades can be changed at all??
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by zwl_alex)
I take French, Maths & Economics and I just finished my exams today. Essentially I did horrible on my Maths and I predict a BCD with French being my only hope right now
My uni choice requires atleast BBB and I was wondering if UCAS predicted grades can be changed at all??
Bumping this for you
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Are you in Y12 or Y13?
The yung bean
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If you are in y12 then there is hope. I had plenty of friends in school who were predicted ay higher than there exams showed. The teachers can raise your grade, but they don't think that is what you'll achieve. Ask teachers for extra homework and work hard on that. I took maths and econ at a level so you can pm me for study advice. This only applies in y12.

If you're y13 i can't think of much you can do right now.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Have you applied this year and have Firm/Insurance choices?
Or, are you Y12 going to apply in the autumn for 2022 entry?
zwl_alex
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Have you applied this year and have Firm/Insurance choices?
Or, are you Y12 going to apply in the autumn for 2022 entry?
(Original post by The yung bean)
If you are in y12 then there is hope. I had plenty of friends in school who were predicted ay higher than there exams showed. The teachers can raise your grade, but they don't think that is what you'll achieve. Ask teachers for extra homework and work hard on that. I took maths and econ at a level so you can pm me for study advice. This only applies in y12.

If you're y13 i can't think of much you can do right now.
(Original post by laurawatt)
Are you in Y12 or Y13?
I'm in Y12 forgot to mention and I'm imagining that I'll have to work my ass off for the next few months lol
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm in Y12 forgot to mention and I'm imagining that I'll have to work my ass off for the next few months lol
Each school has its own method of devising predicted grades - mock grades, end-of-year-12-grades, or teacher intuition.
Talk to your subject teachers - see if you making a real effort to study over the summer would mean higher predictions.
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Unless your teachers have specifically said, these exam outcomes may not be your predicted grades for UCAS
Unknown1232003
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Once your ucas gets officially sent off to ucas, you cannot change your predicted grades. You can change your real grades by working hard in year 13 and smashing your exams! Just try your best and listen to your teachers' feedback. If you don't get the predicted grades you really want it doesnt mean you cant get into the course you had in mind, there is always clearing/adjustment for lots of courses! Just focus improvement and those final exams wishing you best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.06%
No (188)
70.94%

Watched Threads