ReputationRep:
    ive got
    3*As, 6As and 1B at gcse, 6As at AS and am predicted AAAA at A2

im applying for economics at
    lse
    ucl
    warwick
    bristol

and one safety, either exeter (AAB-ABB) or edinburgh (BBB- but ive heard they dont always give this offer?) ?

do you think i shd apply to both as safeties at take one of my top 4 out? or would 1 be enough.. also which one should i choose as my safety? i cant decide!!

ReputationRep:
    drop lse, no chance. Get another safety.

ReputationRep:
    No chance? He has a very good chance with those Academics......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdom0n)
    No chance? He has a very good chance with those Academics......
    Don't talk crap.
    3*'s for LSE Economics is slim to nil.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I'd take out LSE. LSE Economics is uber competitive and you would need at least doubled the number of A*s you have in order to even stand a small chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppholly)
    ive got
    3*As, 6As and 1B at gcse, 6As at AS and am predicted AAAA at A2

im applying for economics at
    lse
    ucl
    warwick
    bristol

and one safety, either exeter (AAB-ABB) or edinburgh (BBB- but ive heard they dont always give this offer?) ?

do you think i shd apply to both as safeties at take one of my top 4 out? or would 1 be enough.. also which one should i choose as my safety? i cant decide!!
    Check out the threads in my sig.

Please please check out the econ uni guide befor using Edinburgh as a safety.

What subjects are you studying at AS/A2?
    My initial thought is that 1 AAB.2 uni is enough as a backup (Checkout TAELT for what is in each group).

ReputationRep:
    im taking

economics
    maths
    history
    geography

at alvl.

and yeah i am not sure about edinburgh but the typical offer is BBB so isn't that a safety?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppholly)
    im taking

economics
    maths
    history
    geography

at alvl.

and yeah i am not sure about edinburgh but the typical offer is BBB so isn't that a safety?
    Check out the TAELT and Econ uni guide threads for discussion on Edinburgh. i.e. better you get the full picture there than me trying to summarise the issues here.

Issues
    i)No FM

Strengths
    i)Maths and econ at a2
    ii)6 a grades at AS
    iii)predicted 4 A grades at A2.

Going for 2 AAA.1, 1 AAB.0, 1 AAB.1 and 1 AAB.2 does not sound over agrressive to me.
    i.e. if you do not get offers atleast some of those unis then there will have to be serious questions over your PS. (So check out the econ PS guide)

ReputationRep:
    i think you should still apply to lse. Every applicant ought to have 1 extra ambitious choice and tbh although you have 3A*s i'd say the fact you have 6 As at As makes up for it and you're on a pretty level plainfield. obviously still a very unlikely one as it is so popular but that is the story for ALL lse candidates and i wouldn't be put off if i were you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kklol)
    i think you should still apply to lse. Every applicant ought to have 1 extra ambitious choice and tbh although you have 3A*s i'd say the fact you have 6 As at As makes up for it and you're on a pretty level plainfield. obviously still a very unlikely one as it is so popular but that is the story for ALL lse candidates and i wouldn't be put off if i were you
    I agree. (But i was not aware that ppholly was thinking of not applying to LSE).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2008

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.