4 hours sleep before exam (1 off)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
is it fine to have 4 hours of sleep before an exam for one day. Ive been getting 8 hours everyday but i need the extra hours for tomorrow.exam is at 12pm but i rather revise early and lose sleep. is this fine
sushieater37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lack of sleep will definitely affect performance. It’s up to you where you go from here. I suggest spend an hour really strategically revising rather than going over everything/completing a checklist and get some sleep as you know more than you’d think!
Last edited by sushieater37; 1 week ago
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
is it fine to have 4 hours of sleep before an exam for one day. Ive been getting 8 hours everyday but i need the extra hours for tomorrow.exam is at 12pm but i rather revise early and lose sleep. is this fine
I always used to try and get extra sleep before exams.

I always thought being at your optimal cognition is better than some last minute midnight cramming.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sushieater37)
Lack of sleep will definitely affect performance. It’s up to you where you go from here. I suggest spend an hour really strategically revising rather than going over everything/completing a checklist and get some sleep as you know more than you’d think!
hw will it affect my performance, ive done half the reading, if i wake up early do the other 50% and do exam practise i should be fine but times not in my favour so thats why im asking if 4 hours is fine. RIP Me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
I always used to try and get extra sleep before exams.

I always thought being at your optimal cognition is better than some last minute midnight cramming.
midnight and morning cramming tbf, but i can always sleep after the exam no
Junaki
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I, personally, would rather I spent more time resting than on revising the day before. It usually stresses me out, and if I've revised well enough, then I only need an hour-ish to quickly cover or repeat parts I struggle with.
infamouBx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
midnight and morning cramming tbf, but i can always sleep after the exam no
Thats what im thinking of doing as well
Siberiaan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends on how your body responds to sleep deprivation , if you havent covered half the reading then i'd just do an all nighter and sleep for a few hrs.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by infamouBx)
Thats what im thinking of doing as well
good luck with ur exams! Psychology is a big bummer, too much content lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Siberiaan)
Depends on how your body responds to sleep deprivation , if you havent covered half the reading then i'd just do an all nighter and sleep for a few hrs.
okay thank you, i can deal with lack of sleep well, its just waking up feeling rough thats an issue.
infamouBx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
good luck with ur exams! Psychology is a big bummer, too much content lol
omdss it really is, i have it on monday, whens urs?
gl to you too!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You'll survive. Expect your concentration to suffer though.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Junaki)
I, personally, would rather I spent more time resting than on revising the day before. It usually stresses me out, and if I've revised well enough, then I only need an hour-ish to quickly cover or repeat parts I struggle with.
i unfortunately procrastinated too much, final exam the others went well but this one i left last minute so !!!!!! 4 hours sleep it is
Anonymous #1
(Original post by infamouBx)
omdss it really is, i have it on monday, whens urs?
gl to you too!
mine is tomorrow haha, my final exam
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
You'll survive. Expect your concentration to suffer though.
suffer bad or will i be able to do a 100mark exam :\
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
suffer bad or will i be able to do a 100mark exam :\
I mean, I have done exams with no sleep the night before and I did fine, so I suspect you will manage, but different people are affected differently by lack of sleep.
sciencelover37
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sushieater37)
I completely agree! Your brain can’t function optimally on such little sleep. Go over some topics you are really unsure of briefly, but try and get at least 7-8 hours of sleep. Trust me, you know more than you think you do.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
I mean, I have done exams with no sleep the night before and I did fine, so I suspect you will manage, but different people are affected differently by lack of sleep.
okay thanks man, would coffee or something help lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sciencelover37)
I completely agree! Your brain can’t function optimally on such little sleep. Go over some topics you are really unsure of briefly, but try and get at least 7-8 hours of sleep. Trust me, you know more than you think you do.
i get 8 hours a day my body will be sacrificed this once for grades. Damn you procrastination
Junaki
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i unfortunately procrastinated too much, final exam the others went well but this one i left last minute so !!!!!! 4 hours sleep it is
okay thank you, i can deal with lack of sleep well, its just waking up feeling rough thats an issue.
I was worried when you said you usually sleep well, as suddenly losing a couple of hours of sleep could be difficult. But if you really think you can handle it well, then I'm sure you'll be okay. Just make sure not to stress yourself out - and don't force yourself to stay awake if you get tired. Stay well x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (130)
42.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (35)
11.33%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (25)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.68%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.68%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed