Can i reject an offer for one course at one uni and go through clearing for another…

Watch
dood34
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
… Course at the same uni?

I don't want to do the courses I've applied for anymore, however I might still want to go to that uni but doing another course. If I was to decline the offer, would that mean I can no longer apply to that uni through clearing.

I'm not sure what course I want to do yet so I'd rather not close my options

Also quick replies pls bc deadline is in 45 mins thx
ry7xsfa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by dood34)

I don't want to do the courses I've applied for anymore, however I might still want to go to that uni but doing another course. If I was to decline the offer, would that mean I can no longer apply to that uni through clearing.

Firstly, you can only use Clearing if you hold no offers, so you'll have to reject all of them.

If you do this now, you may be able to find the course you want in UCAS Extra, where you can apply to one course at a time until you receive an offer.

You can also decide to select your firm and insurance now to be safe, and then self-release into clearing later by withdrawing your replies.

An option that may be useful to you is selecting your firm and insurance choices, and then contacting them to see if they can switch your course. There is no guarantee that they can do this, but it at least means you have places secured.

PQ knows a lot more about this than I do, so I've tagged them to see if they can give you better advice before your deadline.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by dood34)

Don’t wait until clearing. Accept your offers and ring your firm tomorrow and ask if they’ll swap your course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (20)
31.75%
No (43)
68.25%

Watched Threads