thecupcakee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I am currently a first year student at university and I’m scared that I’m not going to pass a module. This module is deferred so I have a chance to resit but that will be in the next academic year. I am scared that if I don’t pass the module now and have to resit, do I still have funding from student finance? I also did a foundation year and have seen lots of information about a gift year and I do not know if that will be applicable for me.
And also on that note, do student finance pay for repeat years if you’ve done a foundation degree?

Thank you
Last edited by thecupcakee; 1 week ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thecupcakee)
Hello, I am currently a first year student at university and I’m scared that I’m not going to pass a module. This module is deferred so I have a chance to resit but that will be in the next academic year. I am scared that if I don’t pass the module now and have to resit, do I still have funding from student finance? I also did a foundation year and have seen lots of information about a gift year and I do not know if that will be applicable for me.
And also on that note, do student finance pay for repeat years if you’ve done a foundation degree?

Thank you
You should speak to your university student records or registry team to ask how a single module repeat year is recorded with SFE. Their policy will determine what (if any) student loans you would be able to claim for that year.

If the course that you’re on included the foundation year then you will be funded for the length of the course (including the foundation year) plus one gift year for repeats/restarts. So a repeat year will be funded if your foundation year was an integrated part of your current course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (192)
43.74%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.97%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.73%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.48%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.69%

Watched Threads