Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm just worried about another lockdown happening because of the new variants and cases etc. I know I could just not go into lockdown and ignore it all which I probably will be doing along with most people I have had a long thought most businesses will shut. I don't know anyone who actually wants another lockdown, maybe there's the odd younger person who wants it just so they don't have school but I know most of us really don't want another lockdown. I was thinking, businesses aren't going to stay open as they will be worried about getting fined because all it takes is a grass and its a potential fine.

If we go into lockdown again we are screwed and I just have been worrying so much struggling to sleep because I'm just worried about another lockdown just coming. All we can do is hope but if the government announces another lockdown then we will have to go into it and im just so worried about this happening.
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We won’t be going into another lockdown, it will be complete ruin for those country. A third lockdown was very risky and we are barely starting to recover. Not to mention with the vaccine rollout, people have been getting their vaccine on the essential promise of normality- if we get put into another lockdown people won’t follow it. The gov can’t do anything if most of the country don’t follow it… that’s if their own mps don’t rebel. I can’t see many Tory MPs supporting another lockdown due to the damage it will do to their constituents and the economy.

It’s blunt but you not sleeping won’t change the situation so try to not think about it and get sleep. We will just have to learn to live with Covid like we do the flu.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Vetofferholder1)
We won’t be going into another lockdown, it will be complete ruin for those country. A third lockdown was very risky and we are barely starting to recover. Not to mention with the vaccine rollout, people have been getting their vaccine on the essential promise of normality- if we get put into another lockdown people won’t follow it. The gov can’t do anything if most of the country don’t follow it… that’s if their own mps don’t rebel. I can’t see many Tory MPs supporting another lockdown due to the damage it will do to their constituents and the economy.

It’s blunt but you not sleeping won’t change the situation so try to not think about it and get sleep. We will just have to learn to live with Covid like we do the flu.
I'm just not completely sure, we had other lockdowns, I thought the first one was gone then we'd go back to normal but no. It's just businesses won't open because all it takes is a snitch to report and then they'll get fined
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm just not completely sure, we had other lockdowns, I thought the first one was gone then we'd go back to normal but no. It's just businesses won't open because all it takes is a snitch to report and then they'll get fined
You say that but the difference between now and all the other lockdowns we had was now we have a vaccine and we have aced the rollout of that vaccine. Due to the promise of normality people have flocked to the vaccine centres to get vaccinated to protect loved ones etc.
You can only fine so many people/businesses as I said if most of the country choose to ignore the call for another lockdown what are the gov gonna do? The general population are far more powerful than they are and if we all have enough and don’t follow lockdowns properly there’s nothing anyone in Parliament can do!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Vetofferholder1)
You say that but the difference between now and all the other lockdowns we had was now we have a vaccine and we have aced the rollout of that vaccine. Due to the promise of normality people have flocked to the vaccine centres to get vaccinated to protect loved ones etc.
You can only fine so many people/businesses as I said if most of the country choose to ignore the call for another lockdown what are the gov gonna do? The general population are far more powerful than they are and if we all have enough and don’t follow lockdowns properly there’s nothing anyone in Parliament can do!
Hopefully it will work out then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (192)
43.74%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.97%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.73%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.48%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.69%

Watched Threads