he asked me to be his girlfriend but

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
this guy and i met online in January. we spoke every single day since and met up in may and had the most amazing time together. a week ago I went and stayed with him and we had an amazing time again. he lives about an hour and a half away and i am always willing to see him. on Friday last week he asked me to be his gf and i said yes. he still hasn’t told his mum or dad about us or about me even really (we’re both adults btw but still live at home). The past few days he’s been kind of unwell and having to go to the doctors and it’s been hard on me bc I feel so helpless and wish I could be there for him more than just messages. I asked him today if he thought I’d be able to see him again before his birthday which is at the start of next month. He said I don’t think so and it kinda upset me quite a bit. I just feel like maybe I’m being clingy wanting to see him all the time and I’d drop anything if he said I could. I understand that we’re both busy and so realistically maybe we can’t but at the same time I say to myself I’m his girlfriend so surely we can make time. I know I may have painted a slightly negative image of him rn but he is genuinely a really caring guy and we get on super well and I am super super proud to call him my boyfriend and he makes me really happy most of the time. I just worry that constantly asking to see him may come off as clingy or end up annoying him. Any advice or even just thoughts on it all.
chew2ter
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ask him if he minds your clinginess, and I can tell you this nearly 100% of the time a girl can never come of clingy to a guy..... Try and discuss with him your interests and find a compromise
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chew2ter)
nearly 100% of the time a girl can never come of clingy to a guy
?? don't think so

--

most people who are ill usually want to rest up and be mostly alone, so even though you're his girlfriend, he may well be thinking 'im tired i just want to be alone', especially since you're relatively new and not like family yet. the other thing is, given you're new, he might want to keep you away because you two aren't super tight yet
EU Yakov
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just let the guy be ill lmao
chew2ter
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
?? don't think so

--

most people who are ill usually want to rest up and be mostly alone, so even though you're his girlfriend, he may well be thinking 'im tired i just want to be alone', especially since you're relatively new and not like family yet. the other thing is, given you're new, he might want to keep you away because you two aren't super tight yet
uhhhhh I don't believe he is ill.... So this is a little random but I respect your opinion...
HoldThisL
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chew2ter)
uhhhhh I don't believe he is ill.... So this is a little random but I respect your opinion...
your belief is irrelevant, the op says he's been unwell and visiting the doctor
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You may want to consider going through a getting-to-know-each-other phase first.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
OP: "Can I see you before your birthday?"
BF: "I don't think so."
OP starts asking questions on TSR about being clingy and shouldn't bf make time when realistically they are both busy.

Learn to communicate with each other! Clarify what's going on.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Play it cool for now OP - it's too soon for you to be clingy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (169)
44.13%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.97%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.67%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed