Hey_Hayley283
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Errrrr OK so I'm doing dreams and nightmare as my theme but I'm don't know what should I say as the purpose of my art investigation. Like for example should I explore the aesthetic of dreams or say its inspired by my dream irl?

People pls help 😣
zaynabhussain
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you can say you wanted to explore the aesthetics of dreams after being inspired by your own experiences?
Boogiep0p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The problem is your topic is too broad. I experienced this with the oblique suggestions in my Art&Design course.

Do you remember your dreams in detail? Have you a written record of them? If no, then make a project about someone else's dreams. If you remember one dream, just draw and draw, just use this as a starting point. If you can't do that, then I could ask - why are you studying art?

The specific someone is Emanuel Swedenborg, who most brits haven't heard of, but might earn you brownie points for being an area of 'deep interest'. And I guarantee his dreams are 10 times stranger than most people's.
..M..
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hey_Hayley283)
Errrrr OK so I'm doing dreams and nightmare as my theme but I'm don't know what should I say as the purpose of my art investigation. Like for example should I explore the aesthetic of dreams or say its inspired by my dream irl?

People pls help 😣
You could talk about the purpose or your project in relation to the idea of contrast; create artworks contrasting the positivity and escapism of dreams vs the negativity and fear of nightmares. And so you could show this contrast through colours you use (eg pastels pinks/blues vs harsh red/black) or the brushstrokes (eg light/curved strokes vs harsh/jagged strokes) Hope any of these ideas help!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (169)
44.13%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.97%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.67%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.74%

Watched Threads