Catwalk360
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have just bought tickets to see a singer in Bristol, the concert is less than a week after I will initially move there in freshers. I have two tickets. Is this a bad idea? Will I meet anyone in time that will want to go with me? Am willing to let them come without paying for the ticket. Wouldn’t want to go alone in an unfamiliar city. Wondering if I should try and get a refund and wait to book other things in the future once I have made friends.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
it would be simplest just to get a refund but i know people that arranged to go to stuff like this way before freshers - they just hit it off in group chats and decided to meet up

getting the other person to pay would be difficult since you'd surely be asking them to come though
Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
try to see if there’s any facebook or insta group chats or pages in the uni / ur accommodation for you to make friends before u go. You could get to know people over the summer. I regret not doing that at my uni as some housemates had already spoken online before meeting. I would still go to the concert regardless so you have the memories
Catwalk360
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
it would be simplest just to get a refund but i know people that arranged to go to stuff like this way before freshers - they just hit it off in group chats and decided to meet up

getting the other person to pay would be difficult since you'd surely be asking them to come though
Yeh Id be alright with giving them it for free they could buy drinks or whatever. I just really love the artist. Will have a look on group chats. One friend has offered to come and stay but as it’s in freshers idk if that would be weird. Thanks for advice
Catwalk360
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
try to see if there’s any facebook or insta group chats or pages in the uni / ur accommodation for you to make friends before u go. You could get to know people over the summer. I regret not doing that at my uni as some housemates had already spoken online before meeting. I would still go to the concert regardless so you have the memories
Yeh once I apply for accomodation (visiting at weekend) will join some chats but I find it hard to get to know people over a chat alone. Will either get a refund or work something out with a friend from home. Thanks for help
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Catwalk360)
One friend has offered to come and stay but as it’s in freshers idk if that would be weird.
not really, if that's a dealbreaker
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (88)
28.66%
No (219)
71.34%

Watched Threads