Does Sussex consider EPQ in clearing?

Watch this thread
strhythm
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hello everyone
I have had an offer for ABB for the Psychology & Neuroscience course but I'm considering the chance that I don't quite get that and only achieve
BBB. However, I'm quite confident in my EPQ results and hoping for A/A*

Do you think it'll be possible, should I get rejected, to call up on clearing and 'argue' (not rlly, more like present) my EPQ result in hopes for a place?
This is only because I remember on one of the webinars that they said they considered EPQ only when it comes to clearing so I just wanted a second opinion
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by strhythm)
Hello everyone
I have had an offer for ABB for the Psychology & Neuroscience course but I'm considering the chance that I don't quite get that and only achieve
BBB. However, I'm quite confident in my EPQ results and hoping for A/A*

Do you think it'll be possible, should I get rejected, to call up on clearing and 'argue' (not rlly, more like present) my EPQ result in hopes for a place?
This is only because I remember on one of the webinars that they said they considered EPQ only when it comes to clearing so I just wanted a second opinion
Hello strhythm,

We take the EPQ into account when considering your application, but we do not routinely include the EPQ in the conditions of your offer (and will normally make the offer over three A-levels).

However, we’re always happy to discuss this and will sometimes offer alternative conditions that include the EPQ (perhaps with a slight reduction in your A-level grades).

If you receive a conditional offer which doesn’t include your EPQ, and would like to review this with us, please email [email protected].

For more information about Entry requirements for UK applicants please visit here.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Erica (3rd Year Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence)
Last edited by University of Sussex Official Reps; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
21%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
12%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (6)
6%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (17)
17%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
23%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
21%

Watched Threads