shak21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My mock is on monday....
I've been doing exam questions non stop, but I'm always missing out stuff and not getting the full marks or just talking about something that isn't even relevant to the question
Any tips for last minute revision?
Ashprit
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do the assessment materials for 2021 since they contain the most common questions : you can find them on the physics and maths tutor website. Make revision cards on those questions that you get wrong. write notes or do revision cards and questions for your weakest topics
shak21
Rep:
?
Should I only focus on my weakest topics or spread it out? Thank you so much for your help

(Original post by Ashprit)
do the assessment materials for 2021 since they contain the most common questions : you can find them on the physics and maths tutor website. Make revision cards on those questions that you get wrong. write notes or do revision cards and questions for your weakest topics
Ashprit
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
spread it out. focus more on your weaker topics. but dont forget the most common topics too. also dont do what i did in my biology paper 1 mock which was drawing a linear graph rather than a histogram. make sure you know your graphs and practice your practical skills too.
shak21
Rep:
?
spread it out. focus more on your weaker topics. but dont forget the most common topics too. also dont do what i did in my biology paper 1 mock which was drawing a linear graph rather than a histogram. make sure you know your graphs and practice your practical skills too.
Okay thank you so much! Did you do AQA AS mock? If so, how did you find it ?
Jas.acs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shak21)
My mock is on monday....
I've been doing exam questions non stop, but I'm always missing out stuff and not getting the full marks or just talking about something that isn't even relevant to the question
Any tips for last minute revision?
I say look at the mark schemes especially for those questions where you're not getting the full marks, it really helps me to see what kind of points of information they're looking for and then it helps me remember for the next time I do a similar question. Our teacher always emphasises mentioning specific key words because they always crop up in the mark scheme. Also highlighting the question like the specific command and relevant information can help so that you don't waste time talking about stuff that might not be needed in your answer.
Also writing with bullet points is also a good way to help structure your answers! Good luck with your mock I have mine a week this Tuesday!
BadBComeToTheNiz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jaz._bg)
Good luck with your mock I have mine a week this Tuesday!
Same! Mines tuesday morning as wellll, glll! x
Jas.acs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BadBComeToTheNiz)
Same! Mines tuesday morning as wellll, glll! x
Woooo we got this good luck!!! x
Ashprit
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i did do paper 1 yes for as. one of the questions got me so much. i think i lost like 3-4 marks since i didnt do a histogram. i mean it was an easy paper none the less.
eloiselilyyy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i did do paper 1 yes for as. one of the questions got me so much. i think i lost like 3-4 marks since i didnt do a histogram. i mean it was an easy paper none the less.
do you remember any of the main topics that were on that paper i’m sitting mine tomrrow and have got no clue what to do
shak21
Rep:
?
Woooo we got this good luck!!! x
Good luck! xxx
Mine is tomorrow, send help
shak21
Rep:
?
I say look at the mark schemes especially for those questions where you're not getting the full marks, it really helps me to see what kind of points of information they're looking for and then it helps me remember for the next time I do a similar question. Our teacher always emphasises mentioning specific key words because they always crop up in the mark scheme. Also highlighting the question like the specific command and relevant information can help so that you don't waste time talking about stuff that might not be needed in your answer.
Also writing with bullet points is also a good way to help structure your answers! Good luck with your mock I have mine a week this Tuesday!
Thank you so much, you are a god send ! Good luck with your mock ! xx
shak21
Rep:
?
You tend to always remember the worst question but im sure the rest of the paper went well so dont stress about it too much!xx
Jas.acs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shak21)
Thank you so much, you are a god send ! Good luck with your mock ! xx
That's so kind and good luck with your mocks you'll do amazing! xx
rahman123100
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so what topics are coming up in the mock?
shak21
Rep:
?
(Original post by rahman123100)
so what topics are coming up in the mock?
All of AS AQA Biology :
Biological Molecules
Nucleic Acids
Cell Structure
Transport across cell membranes
Cell Recognition and Immunity
Exchange
7.1 – 7.6 (Animal Transport) (Plant Transport not examined)
DNA Genes and Protein synthesis
Genetic Diversity and Adaptation
Biodiversity
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads