Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I guess I need some advice on what to do. I've had my DSA needs assessment and am waiting for my LEA to write to me to order my equipment. My university is supposed to be sorting me out an academic mentor too but so far that hasn't happened. I have a test next week and an assignment due in the week after but I'm really struggling to prepare for them. Should I let my department know about my situation or just sit tight until I get the support?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becki08)
    Should I let my department know about my situation or just sit tight until I get the support?
    Certainly let your department know. If you're in any sort of trouble then the department need to be informed. I don't know your situation, or what assesments you've got, but they should be able to take all this into consideration when it comes to the test and hopefully get an extension with the other assesment.

Please see a member of staff as soon as possible (could you email someone today?) Do you have a year or personal tutor?

Hope things get sorted soon

ReputationRep:
    the support could take a while - i had my needs assessment on wednesday and the guy told me: 2 weeks for the report then about 10 days to hear from the LEA (depending on their turnaround times) then could be anytime up to christmas before i'd get any of the equipment
    let your department know and contact the disability services at your uni - tell them that you're waiting for these things but struggling and they may be able to help in the short term (keep phoning them, e-mailing, going in to see them til you get what you want!)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies.

I'm not very good at writing emails but I'll try and go and see my personal tutor on Monday (I'll try to get my social mentor to come with me so it's not as scary!!). Would it be her I spoke to about getting lecture notes too or should I speak to the disability office?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becki08)
    Thanks for your replies.

I'm not very good at writing emails but I'll try and go and see my personal tutor on Monday (I'll try to get my social mentor to come with me so it's not as scary!!). Would it be her I spoke to about getting lecture notes too or should I speak to the disability office?
    try talking to both, hopefully one will know who specifically to talk to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate0904)
    try talking to both, hopefully one will know who specifically to talk to!
    OK

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.