Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi,

i'm hoping to go to durham for the liberal arts in october! i'm really looking forward to it.

at the moment, i've chosen to do in my first year, music, eng lit, politics and education.

i'm wandering if there are any existing undergrad students studying any of these subjects in their second or third year at durham who could tell me roughly how much money you had to spend on books?

and it would b very cool if you could share a list of books required for any of these subjects . . .

thaankss
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
bumping this
Durham University
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi,

i'm hoping to go to durham for the liberal arts in october! i'm really looking forward to it.

at the moment, i've chosen to do in my first year, music, eng lit, politics and education.

i'm wandering if there are any existing undergrad students studying any of these subjects in their second or third year at durham who could tell me roughly how much money you had to spend on books?

and it would b very cool if you could share a list of books required for any of these subjects . . .

thaankss
As a general guide, you can prepare for costs up to about £250 for books, although obviously this will depend on your course. Remember that there is no need to go out and buy every book on your reading list - there will be copies of all course books in the library. If you really want to have your own copy of the books, look out for cheaper second hand versions on Amazon/eBay or from previous students selling their books.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (44)
27.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.81%
No I am happy with my choice (89)
55.97%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (12)
7.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed