Provisional Licence still not through!!!

Watch
XxlozbornexX
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I turned 17 in October, and before I did I sent off my provisional licence application. I was sent the application return form (despite providing my passport and everything necessary online) but ended up never completing my application as we were due to move house, and I wasn’t desperate to drive at the time.

I reapplied on 6th April, to which I was sent another application return form. I filled out the necessary details and attached a photo (again despite providing my passport online - still unsure why they needed a form as all my friends have done theirs online and had it within 2 weeks). It has now been 6+ weeks since the DVLA should have received my form. I contacted them on Twitter around 4 weeks ago to which I was told up to 6 weeks. I have contacted them again but to no avail as they are currently not working customer service until Monday due to building work. Has anyone had similar experiences recently? I am beginning to get impatient and frustrated with the lack of information! Can anyone answer why I had to send a paper form?
anonymousmouse10
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
me too. i have sent mine off around the middle of April and still nothing back. I’ve tried calling and they’re undergoing some sort of maintenance so can’t answer the phone
TheDE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We're still in a pandemic and the DVLA are still randomly on strike
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had to wait over a year and a half for mine, if you have to declare anything medical it slows it down substantially
XxlozbornexX
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It’s just been issued was a case of waiting it out
HadleyJohnston
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi, how long exactly did it take for you? From the date that you mailed your paper form to the date of arrival? I mailed my paperwork 8 weeks ago and I have heard nothing! Thanks
XxlozbornexX
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by HadleyJohnston)
Hi, how long exactly did it take for you? From the date that you mailed your paper form to the date of arrival? I mailed my paperwork 8 weeks ago and I have heard nothing! Thanks
I believe it ended up being around 8 weeks total but I can’t remember for certain - just keep an eye on your tracking link! Hopefully it won’t be too much longer! 🤞
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.34%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.57%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.74%
Lack of purpose or motivation (74)
13.17%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.69%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (27)
4.8%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.68%
Financial worries (35)
6.23%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.05%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.96%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.19%

Watched Threads