Tell us about the worst date you've ever been on?

Watch
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Go on
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
He turned up hungover, with bloodshot eyes and didn't even offer to pay for my coffee :puke:
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
He turned up hungover, with bloodshot eyes and didn't even offer to pay for my coffee :puke:
Wow, he shouldn't of even turned up...
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
Wow, he shouldn't of even turned up...
Yep, I said as much to him :yep:

There should be a thread on the best too
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Too many nightmare dates to list without taking over the thread, I'll opt for the worst blind date I've ever been on.

He forgot his wallet but remembered to bring his mother. :banghead:
Spent most of the date more interested in chatting with a woman eating at another table than talking to me, then asked me to lend him some extra cash after I'd paid the tip and bill for everyone. :mob:
My best friend arranged that blind date, was sobbing on my doorstep when I got back and spent most of the night crying.
Years later, she's still very sensitive to all jokes about it and any reminders.
The jerk even had the audacity to ask about a second date- because his mother liked me. :facepalm:
First and last blind date I'll ever go on.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

why can't you pay for your own coffee?

equal rights for women right? but only when it suits you..
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
why can't you pay for your own coffee?

equal rights for women right? but only when it suits you..
He invited me therefore he should pay.

Not going to bother engaging further with someone who starts whining about feminism straight off the bat though :rofl:
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
None, tbh. I had one would you would call a 'date' with my then girlfriend, we went to a museum, it was nice.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Not going to bother engaging further with someone who starts whining about feminism straight off the bat though :rofl:
when you invite your friends out to cinema or a night out on the town do you pay for all their financial costs too?

hardly.......

like i said before. equal rights when but only when it suits :rolleyes:
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dates where you know the person isn’t that in to you or ambiguous dates that turn in to friendzone are the worst. For a good date you really need a bit of flirting in the run up and some mutual butterflies. Not easy to come by in my experience unfortunately
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

PRSOM.
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Why? I wouldn't expect someone to pay for me just because they invited me to something. You sound pretty entitled tbh.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Yep, I said as much to him :yep:

There should be a thread on the best too
I think I've already made a thread about that. I'll check and tag you, if you'd like?
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Too many nightmare dates to list without taking over the thread, I'll opt for the worst blind date I've ever been on.

He forgot his wallet but remembered to bring his mother. :banghead:
Spent most of the date more interested in chatting with a woman eating at another table than talking to me, then asked me to lend him some extra cash after I'd paid the tip and bill for everyone. :mob:
My best friend arranged that blind date, was sobbing on my doorstep when I got back and spent most of the night crying.
Years later, she's still very sensitive to all jokes about it and any reminders.
The jerk even had the audacity to ask about a second date- because his mother liked me. :facepalm:
First and last blind date I'll ever go on.
Wow wtf. :noway: There was seriously something wrong with him.

(Original post by ROTL94)
None, tbh. I had one would you would call a 'date' with my then girlfriend, we went to a museum, it was nice.
That sounds cool! What kind of museum was it?

(Original post by Zarek)
Dates where you know the person isn’t that in to you or ambiguous dates that turn in to friendzone are the worst. For a good date you really need a bit of flirting in the run up and some mutual butterflies. Not easy to come by in my experience unfortunately
My question - why would you even go on a date with someone you know isn't in to you? :beard:

(Original post by ANM775)
btw, since it appears you reported those peoples posts for misuse of anon .. I only think it's fair I report you for the same
Oh my lord :rofl:
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I'm a guy.

The other guy... was also a guy. And looked like one.

I'm straight. He wasn't.

And I didn't realise it was a date for him.

Knew each other through mutual friend circles. Couple of us were going to meet up, so I thought. Turns out he didn't tell the others and it was just us. lol
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
I'm a guy.

The other guy... was also a guy. And looked like one.

I'm straight. He wasn't.

And I didn't realise it was a date for him.

Knew each other through mutual friend circles. Couple of us were going to meet up, so I thought. Turns out he didn't tell the others and it was just us. lol
He really finessed you :lol:
Flozzie543
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We were meant to go for coffee, wasn't really feeling it but i'd said yes and didn't want to flake so I just figured a quick coffee would be painless and then I could go on with my life.

He brings a FRIEND with him, and as we're walking into town, they start talking about going to a bar (it was like 4pm) I had a group chat where if I texted "x" it meant, call me this is dodgy. I quickly sent the x and someone called me and I got out thank god. so weird.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
He really finessed you :lol:
I have never gotten a muscle cramp before just from sheer awkwardness.

He said he has a very accurate "gaydar"... implying that I he thought I was gay, and didn't know it yet.

Bruh. Just... holy bruh.
CountBread
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Flozzie543)
if you're poor just say that
Their point is ethical not necessarily about not having enough money to pay for both.
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Flozzie543)
if you're poor just say that
What an utterly stupid post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
22.92%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
8.33%
No I am happy with my choice (30)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
6.25%

Watched Threads