Would I get much Tinder matches as a female?

Watch
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I tried Tinder a few yrs ago and not being Chad I didn't do very well lol :dontknow:

Here is a pic of me which has been turned into a female with the gender swap feature of faceapp

Would I get much matches as a female?

https://i.postimg.cc/N0mNQSWX/faceappme-CR.jpg
medicnia20
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
in full honesty you look proper scary mate 😂 it’s calm though try again, i reckon you’d be someones type
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You look like a 6 year old taking shooting lessons.
Last edited by urlocalinmate; 1 month ago
GyrosUberAlles
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Creepy af?!?!
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by medicnia20)
in full honesty you look proper scary mate 😂 it’s calm though try again, i reckon you’d be someones type

ngl, some girls (like 10%) are definitely scared of the male version of me IRL

When I got the original version of that pic rated on another site, the ratings went like this...

https://i.postimg.cc/63bJZThR/ratings2020.png

women were conflicted
ANM775
Rep:
?
Is this pic less scary?

https://i.postimg.cc/wTgWc97b/faceappme2-CR.jpg
ANM775
Rep:
?
If there was someway to try it out for a week first and then revert back I might actually consider it lol

but once you have all the surgery/hormones etc there's no going back...

I'm considering making an Onlyfans actually as my digital female self (technically it's not catfishing as it is actually me haha), but sadly I don't think the technology is good enough yet to turn males into females unless it has a clear closeup of their face, meaning I wouldn't be able to do body shots/zoomed out shots
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
You look like a 6 year old taking shooting lessons.
That one there was a violation 💀💀💀💀💀
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Less scary
4D Chess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I tried Tinder a few yrs ago and not being Chad I didn't do very well lol :dontknow:

Here is a pic of me which has been turned into a female with the gender swap feature of faceapp

Would I get much matches as a female?

https://i.postimg.cc/N0mNQSWX/faceappme-CR.jpg
****ing kill it

Attached files
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4D Chess)
****ing kill it

I actually tried my female self against lesbians on pof.com and I was popular with the ladies

One girl even double DM'd me after I ignored her msg the first time
ANM775
Rep:
?
Yes, my eyes are brown but the app changed it lol

and no I don't see it as catfishing
Catfishing is when you take another persons photo and pretend it's you. That photo is actually me but it has gone through filters and other effects.

Think of how your favourite celebrities are often airbrushed and photoshopped in magazines... and no one accuses them of catfishing.
That is what the app is basically doing to my pic... but to a greater extent
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Out of curiosity, I once created a female tinder profile with no picture (just a black background) and no bio. I had more than 100 matches in just over an hour. As my (genuine) male profile - I don't think I have ever had 100 matches!
thecivilgrad
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm considering making an Onlyfans actually as my digital female self (technically it's not catfishing as it is actually me haha), but sadly I don't think the technology is good enough yet to turn males into females unless it has a clear closeup of their face, meaning I wouldn't be able to do body shots/zoomed out shots
I would have thought that it would definitely be catfishing since you're luring people in with a fictional online persona. It's not you since you are a man and don't look like that.

The same way it would be catfishing if you put up a picture of you as an 18-year-old but you're now actually 58. It's technically you, but not you right now so you're selling a fictional you.
Trilobite.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You must have been single for a very long time if you've been reduced to doing this to amuse yourself.
ANM775
Rep:
?
No I didn't tell her my identity lol.
The purpose of that particular experiment was just to see how much unsolicited attention from other females a female version of me would get. So I decided to ignore any incoming messages sent my way. She messaged me once and I ignored it, she messaged me again (after I didn't respond to that) and I ignored that too.

I think ultimately she would have preferred to be ignored than me stringing her along talking for ages when i'm really a bloke lol.

Oh and my injury is better now thanks.
although tbh i did slightly aggravate another past injury in the gym and i can feel it somewhat at times but it's quite minor atm and not stopping me doing anything (although i did decide to take a couple of weeks off the gym recently as it was feeling like it was gonna get worse, but it seems to have settled back down somewhat more)
rockdame
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I guarantee you that she was either another man, or she was the partner of a man looking to find a threesome. Lesbian sites are plagued with male catfish or fake lesbian women.. Well known problem. The aggressive ones are either men (using fake photos) or women looking to find a hot female for her MAN. Complete drag.

Turn tables, you seriously don't want women en-mass coming into your male dating spaces because they would seriously mog you if they decided they wanted to seduce the women in your dating pool.

Whereas, that isn't the case as a man in a lesbian dating pool.
Last edited by rockdame; 1 month ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by thecivilgrad)
I would have thought that it would definitely be catfishing since you're luring people in with a fictional online persona. It's not you since you are a man and don't look like that.

The same way it would be catfishing if you put up a picture of you as an 18-year-old but you're now actually 58. It's technically you, but not you right now so you're selling a fictional you.

using a pic of me as an 18 year old if I was 58 wouldn't be catfishing. It would be deception. The image is still me is it not?

My old school teacher is on my facebook and has a picture of him from when he was in his teens on his profile pic. Is that catfishing? it's still him.

regarding the faceapp pic, at what point does it become catfishing?
there's no clear line in the sand as to how much processing a photo can go through before it becomes at catfish

is someone removing wrinkles catfishing? for example.
what about a girl adding a filter?
there is no line in the sand to now say "this is a catfish"

tbh, with the faceapp pic I can see both an argument for or against it being catfishing.

also on the TV show "catfish" I've never seen one episode where someone was on there because they used a heavily edited pic of themselves.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by rockdame)
I guarantee you that she was either another man, or she was the partner of a man looking to find a threesome. Lesbian sites are plagued with male catfish or fake lesbian women.. Well known problem. The aggressive ones are either men (using fake photos) or women looking to find a hot female for her MAN. Complete drag.

GTFO and stay in your lane dude.

Hey no need to be so rude lol

It's not like I was there actually leading her on chatting with her late into nights. I ignored her.

and yes, I did see that there seemed to be a lot of LGBT women on pof complaining about males contacting them. Her profile didn't strike me as a catfish though so I wouldn't put money on her being one, however at the same time I probably wouldn't put money on her not being one too ..as i guess there is a chance.
thecivilgrad
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
using a pic of me as an 18 year old if I was 58 wouldn't be catfishing. It would be deception. The image is still me is it not?

My old school teacher is on my facebook and has a picture of him from when he was in his teens on his profile pic. Is that catfishing? it's still him.

regarding the faceapp pic, at what point does it become catfishing?
there's no clear line in the sand as to how much processing a photo can go through before it becomes at catfish

is someone removing wrinkles catfishing? for example.
what about a girl adding a filter?
there is no line in the sand to now say "this is a catfish"

tbh, with the faceapp pic I can see both an argument for or against it being catfishing.

also on the TV show "catfish" I've never seen one episode where someone was on there because they used a heavily edited pic of themselves.
I doubt that we are going to see eye to eye on this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.91%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.82%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.18%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.45%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.36%

Watched Threads