hkan20
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've called HMRC a few months ago and they said I don't need an NIN when applying for student finance as that will get sorted out for me. However, it's been over 2 months since I have applied and I am now being asked for my NIN by student finance when I haven't even received an application pack for my NIN in the first place. I am worried if I won't be able to get it in time now.
My student finance application has been regarded as "successful" and I only applied for tuition fees loans. What will happen if I don't get my NIN in time?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hkan20)
I've called HMRC a few months ago and they said I don't need an NIN when applying for student finance as that will get sorted out for me. However, it's been over 2 months since I have applied and I am now being asked for my NIN by student finance when I haven't even received an application pack for my NIN in the first place. I am worried if I won't be able to get it in time now.
My student finance application has been regarded as "successful" and I only applied for tuition fees loans. What will happen if I don't get my NIN in time?
Hi, if you applied for SFE funding then your payments will remain blocked until we receive a valid National Insurance Number.

After being approved, we should send your details to the DWP and the DWP will send you an application pack in the post.
Thanks, Isaac
hkan20
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, if you applied for SFE funding then your payments will remain blocked until we receive a valid National Insurance Number.

After being approved, we should send your details to the DWP and the DWP will send you an application pack in the post.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac, thank you for your reply. It says that my application has been successful but on my to-do list it still says that I have to enter my National insurance number. Should I just wait until the application pack has arrived?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hkan20)
Hi Isaac, thank you for your reply. It says that my application has been successful but on my to-do list it still says that I have to enter my National insurance number. Should I just wait until the application pack has arrived?
Yes it will continue to state this until we receive a valid National Insurance Number.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (11)
6.18%
Uncertainty around my education (19)
10.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (19)
10.67%
Lack of purpose or motivation (26)
14.61%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (11)
6.18%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (7)
3.93%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (15)
8.43%
Financial worries (10)
5.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (5)
2.81%
Exposure to negative news/social media (14)
7.87%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (5)
2.81%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (22)
12.36%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads