The Student Room Group

going into second year of uni...

hi, so im going into second year and i'd really like to know if there's anything i can do to prepare for it? i know the workload will be harder than first year and more intense as well as the pressure of securing a placement at the end of second year, i dont know why i am stressing about this now haha.. but any ideas would be welcome, thanks.
If you want to do smth, you can look at the recommended textbooks to familarise some module contents. But i feel like what you should do is search for internship or part time job on the field you are interested because lots of the application for next summer internship closes in next march-may so it's good to search in advance so that you don't miss the chance.
Also what you may need to do in 2nd year is dissertation or at least you need to do that in 3rd year. So having a thought on what field or topic you are interested in would be good and you can also look up relevant researchers in that uni so that you can quickly email them to be your supervisor. Because many supervisor would take long to respond or cannot supervise you so it is useful to pre make a list of doctor/professor you want to contact.

Quick Reply

Latest