Should I revise over the Summer?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I think my A-Level grade in Maths is either going to be a low A or a high B (based on the marks I have been given). I need an A for my university course, so should I revise over the Summer just in case I need to resit in the Autumn or should I just wait until results day?
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on how you feel tbh. You could would wait until results day so that you have time to relax and because it would be annoying to work through June and July only to realise that you didn't need to. But if you feel like you won't have enough time to revise enough between results day and the resits to secure the A you need, you could do little bits of revision- like a practice paper a week and a set of practice problems on the topics you are likely to forget or know you need to keep practicing- until results day. Then you can either stop revising if you get the A or increase the intensity of your revision and do it in a more structured way if you get a B instead.
I hope you do get an A though.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would just try and chill throughout the summer. Chances are, you have achieved the grade you need and if that's the case, you will have spent the summer getting stressed and burnt out for nothing if keep studying. If you haven't got an A, you will be much better off having a good break and then going back to revising feeling refreshed (it will be much easier to be productive with your revision if you have a motivation in the form of knowing you have not achieved your target).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (24)
6.47%
Uncertainty around my education (40)
10.78%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (43)
11.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (50)
13.48%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (19)
5.12%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (18)
4.85%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (39)
10.51%
Financial worries (26)
7.01%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (23)
6.2%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.7%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (37)
9.97%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (27)
7.28%

Watched Threads