The Student Room Group

Messed up Year 12 end of year mocks

Scroll to see replies

I mean in my class almost everyone failed , teachers are saying we are probably the worse year they teached , but then again also the most unluckiest class .the 8 week lock down messed up a lot of people , yesterday was my last exam and I don’t think I done well so now I’m thinking to try and improve my grade over the next three months including summer holidays as I’m trying to apply for medicine do you guys think if I revise hard enough master year 12 content and read ahead into year 13 content I can still have a chance to get into medicine, ofcourse I will need to balance out with the BMAT test and all other uni preparation.
Reply 21
Original post by Bohrs' atom
Unlucky bro
But, you should have revised harder; if everyone else did 'well' then, they clearly prepared better; take this as a bitter pill and work harder
Out work your competition next time

Yeah, unfortunately I’m already at a disadvantage because I have to do 4 subjects and I’m really bad at 2 of them so it’s hard to balance out the work between them. At least i did well on the other one only chemistry was the bad one. I’m going to do extra help during the summer though so hopefully that can bring me up :smile:
Original post by Hama31
Yeah, unfortunately I’m already at a disadvantage because I have to do 4 subjects and I’m really bad at 2 of them so it’s hard to balance out the work between them. At least i did well on the other one only chemistry was the bad one. I’m going to do extra help during the summer though so hopefully that can bring me up :smile:

You should drop 1 of them now; if that is your current situation so, you can have 1 'bad' subject and 2 'good' one-- I am predicted A*A*A after my end of years i did late last month and, I could have easily chosen 4 but thought to only take 3 so i could do exceptional in those 3 and not risk getting a poor grade for my 4th. Yeah, extra help sounds great tbh but, imma be harsh on you-- you are gonna be competing against pupils like me and many others who are aspiring to go to the 'best' and are really getting top grades atm. If you want to do well, you have to really grind hard everyday and work your socks off cause, in yr 13 if we do take our a levels, the grade boundaries are set based on the country as a whole-- so you have to be confident that you can get 70+% minimum in the majority of tests you do in order to think of getting an A
No one is gonna say it how it is but, this is the harsh reality; so, stop seeking for sympathy from others and get on the grind cause, this world is unforgiving..
Reply 23
Original post by Bohrs' atom
You should drop 1 of them now; if that is your current situation so, you can have 1 'bad' subject and 2 'good' one-- I am predicted A*A*A after my end of years i did late last month and, I could have easily chosen 4 but thought to only take 3 so i could do exceptional in those 3 and not risk getting a poor grade for my 4th. Yeah, extra help sounds great tbh but, imma be harsh on you-- you are gonna be competing against pupils like me and many others who are aspiring to go to the 'best' and are really getting top grades atm. If you want to do well, you have to really grind hard everyday and work your socks off cause, in yr 13 if we do take our a levels, the grade boundaries are set based on the country as a whole-- so you have to be confident that you can get 70+% minimum in the majority of tests you do in order to think of getting an A
No one is gonna say it how it is but, this is the harsh reality; so, stop seeking for sympathy from others and get on the grind cause, this world is unforgiving..

Thank you. Could I also ask you something? My 2 bad subjects are maths and chemistry, but I prefer chemistry. I think maths would be slightly more useful but I know that I would much rather grind chemistry because that’s a better guarantee of passing, especially if i put the work in this summer. What would you do if you were in my situation?
Reply 24
Original post by Rashed04
I mean in my class almost everyone failed , teachers are saying we are probably the worse year they teached , but then again also the most unluckiest class .the 8 week lock down messed up a lot of people , yesterday was my last exam and I don’t think I done well so now I’m thinking to try and improve my grade over the next three months including summer holidays as I’m trying to apply for medicine do you guys think if I revise hard enough master year 12 content and read ahead into year 13 content I can still have a chance to get into medicine, ofcourse I will need to balance out with the BMAT test and all other uni preparation.

Yeah, my plan was to also try and read over year 13 stuff so it’s easier next year
Original post by Hama31
we did the 2019 papers for chemistry and 2018 paper for maths. idk about the other subjects because I do physics

Hi can I ask what year paper you did for physics (I do aqa) x
Original post by Hama31
Thank you. Could I also ask you something? My 2 bad subjects are maths and chemistry, but I prefer chemistry. I think maths would be slightly more useful but I know that I would much rather grind chemistry because that’s a better guarantee of passing, especially if i put the work in this summer. What would you do if you were in my situation?

Hard to say what to do but, I would drop the subject that I don't enjoy; remember, you are gonna be putting in tonnes of work so make sure you enjoy what you are doing otherwise you won't reach your full potential

Quick Reply

Latest